Putting picco max in 4910 t maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Childresshunt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I've got a maxx 4910 2.5 I'm thinkin about puttin a picco maxx .26 on not sure if i wanna spend the money to do it or not yet. i know its gonna need some driveline upgrades. I'm planning on doing a extended chassis upgrade and puttin a new forward only tranny from the 4907 max. I've been told the plastic center drive shafts will twist and snap in about 5 tanks. needing to know what i need to upgrade the center drive to steel bones

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

i guess really if i do what I'm plannin on it really wont be a 4910 anymore tho

I've done the upgrades already before going for the engine.
the steel cvds need consideration on what chassis you intend to run em on... i have the short chassis so i got the cvds for that. a longer chassis needs a different steel cvd set.

instead of upgrading the chassis could i just upgrade the center drive line and be ok from videos and forums online the biggest problem with the big block in a 2.5 in the center drive plastics snapin

Yea you could
Do that. My 3.3 was regularly twisting 3.3 shafts

What cups and dog bones could be used

---------- Post added at 3:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:18 PM ----------

if anyone noes

Rear center shaft is all you really need to upgrade unless you start having issues with the front.
Short chassis uses a 70mm dog bone for the rear (5mm cup on the tranny output/6mm cup on the rear diff input).
Extended chassis 4908/7 model uses a 77 (HPI dog bone) for the rear center. 6mm cups on both the tranny and diff.

Thanks snook thats what i needed to know

---------- Post added at 3:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:44 PM ----------

are those hpi parts for the short chassis

No, the hpi 77mm bone is for the extended chassis. The short chassis is the 70mm bone which is hard to find.

Not sure on that bone but I don’t think it will fit a standard size cup bore. You have to remember that the ball end of the bone has to fit the bore of the cup you use.
The cups will fit the diff.

ill just have to order some stuff and play with it i really dont see y traxxas didnt set the t max line up for bb's kinda doesn't make sense to me

That's how they make there money,its set up for there engines,

transmited from a mobile communications device

Well it makes sense from a business standpoint but from a consumer it just pisses them off

And then there is people like us!lol.

transmited from a mobile communications device

true that lol gonna make it work then email pix to traxxas with the .26 max in it

i even had trouble with traxxas parts for their traxxas trucks. the steel cvd's for the short chassis didn't go in without a bit of grinding the sides of the cups deeper, drilling a wider and deeper bore. 4949R part

Back