Putting on a new brake disc...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scr2000

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is there a proper procedure for this task? My disk seems pretty worn out and the stopping ability of my Maxx has really started to suck. Also, is there a certain disc I should look for, or is the stock Traxxas disc good enough? TIA!

first off go to traxxas.com for their how to's, look under nitro tmaxx, they have all the instuctions there. Second, get an after market one. I put mine in the other day and it's set up so nice, if it's stopping from a high speed run it will usually pull one of the rear tires off the ground. Not a hard job, a little time consuming to be working with little parts. Good Luck.

I went with a penguin carbon fiber pad, and did the bic pen spring mod at the same time, and my brakes work great. As Coastmaxx mentioned, it is not very difficult, but is a little time consuming.

You dont want your tires to lock up when you hit the brake but you do want them to stop your car quick enough. I know if your lockin the tires up a bunch it wears your tranny gears and can strip them. This is what i have heard anyway, correct me if i am wrong! Later

Here is a thread fom another member's conversion that may intrest you. Scan the thread.
showthread.php

This setup works great.
wti0001p

I found that you can tweek your brakes for better control by removing the soggy silicone tube and replacing it with a piece of fuel line. The fuel line is slightly firmer, and provides a better response. Proper braking is an art, but you can skid to a rapid halt if you have to. Different lengths of fuel line make it brake differently. The shorter the tube, the harder the grab. Experiment till you find what you like.

Originally posted by Rolex
I found that you can tweek your brakes for better control by removing the soggy silicone tube and replacing it with a piece of fuel line. The fuel line is slightly firmer, and provides a better response. Proper braking is an art, but you can skid to a rapid halt if you have to. Different lengths of fuel line make it brake differently. The shorter the tube, the harder the grab. Experiment till you find what you like.
Ditto, the stiffer fuel line works quite well.

Back