Putting Body Holes in

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I Have a Escalade body with the specs of:

Length: 18" (458mm)
Width: 6.5" (165mm) (at center)
Height: 5" (127mm) (cut-out)
Wheelbase: 12" (304mm)

Stock body specs are:

Length: 18" (457mm)
Width: 6.5" (165mm)
Height: 5" (127mm)

I don't have body hole markers how would i drill them in? Thanks.

Is it painted yet? if not just lay it on top of your posts while it is still clear, mark the outside with a sharpie, then just drill your holes, they should line up perfectly.

There in lies the problem.

Its painted

ok then, put a spot of grease, or paint on the top of each post, line the body up and drop it down on the posts, carefully lift the body off and you will have a mark on the inside of the body exactly where the posts go.

i use a extramly bright flashlight once the body is sitting on it also, and if shine the light by the post you should see the spot also... most of the paint is "transparent/passes light enough to get at least a shadow.

I got it, I just put some BRIGHT orange fingernail polish on the body posts and set the body down and drilled is with a 5/16 drill bit.

Soooo....ummmm....why do you have bright orange nail polish, Mayhem???? Let me guess, it's your little sisters, but it happens to go perfectly with your new evening gown????

Candyman your right.

There. Now doesn't that feel better??? LOL!!!!!!

And where are the pics of the Escalade?

Originally posted by Mayhem
I got it, I just put some BRIGHT orange fingernail polish on the body posts and set the body down and drilled is with a 5/16 drill bit.

You can also use your lipstick too Mayhem.

i was curious about this. I've been kicking around the idea of a new body for some time. Least I'll know how drill the holes in teh right places. :D

You should paint your own its pretty cool to see it running and be like Damn I painted that

lol but i just bought a pre-painted one.

Originally posted by NoviceRob
i was curious about this. I've been kicking around the idea of a new body for some time. Least I'll know how drill the holes in teh right places. :D

Sooooo...you have bright orange nail polish too??????

yeah I was meaning to paint my nails anyway

Back