pullstart slipping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clydsgoat

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hello,,, my pullstarter seems to be slipping ,, it only turns the engine one time and slips the rest of the way,, is there any way to fix this,, or just buy a new (owb) ? its on a 5.9 xl,, it will not catch enough to start,,?? thanks for any advice on this,,,

Keep a spare OWB around, but before you replace it, clean it with alcohol. Clean the shaft at the same time. If you flush the engine oil out of the bearing, it should work just fine.

one way bearing, like dude said, thats like the wheel bearings, should keep extra's around i have about 10 in my parts box from old parts old engines old trucks......they are pretty cheap too if i remember correctly

They are not really cheap, in many cases they are about $15 or more. Do what Rolex said to get you by till you can get a new one. Take it out, soak it in da clean the starter shaft and reinstall it, should get you by for a while.

thanks for the info ill try to clean it ,, but now i have a new prob,, i tried to take the backplate off and striped the hex head out,, ill try a easy out ?? these screws seem to strip easy,, are the stainless screws any better ?

i striped the hex screw,, but a cheap tool prob,, i used a dremmel and cut grooves and got them out with a screwdriver,, so ordered new screws and a owb,, wow $20.79 at tower hobbies ,, for owb,, lol hope these dont go out to often,, this one only has about 2 gal of fuel on it,, ? thanks for the info ill clean the old one and keep it for a spare,,

Most of the time they only need cleaned. Cranking a flooded engine can break them(among other things). It's always good to have a spare though.