Sold / Found Protrax Traxxas Rustler Rtr

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Cleaning out my RC cabinet, for sale, in great condition, the RTR Electric Traxxas Ruslter with 2 2000mah 7.2v Stick Packs. I originally got a PM from someone wanting this and who had asked me to wait, but never heard back so I'm putting the truck back in the market, awesome ride, loved this thing for bashing but fankly I dont have that much time anymore :( Asking $100 plus nominal shipping for this puppy.

Here are more details and see the pics:

1. Telescoping, universal-joint drive shafts. No dogbones to pop out or lose. Good feature.

2. Molded plastic chassis. Flexible enough to withstand huge hits, but stiff enough for solid performance.

3. Oil-filled Big-Bore shocks.

4. Fixed camber links.

S. Stinger 20-turn motor. Too many entry-level kits include wimpy motors that have drivers looking for more power before the first pack is dumped. The Stinger delivers decent top speed and torque.

6. Ball-bearing, slipper-clutch-equipped transmission. The Magnum 272 tranny has some excellent features. The planetary gear differential is super tough, and a complete set of ball bearings helps the truck run its fastest. An adjustable slipper clutch protects the transmission gears from damage on power-on landings or overaggressive forward/reverse abuse.

7. Chrome wheels. These are a ProTrax exclusive; the kit Rustler includes white wheels. The chrome jobs won't make the Rustler go any faster, but they do look faster.

8. Turnbuckle tie rods. Unlike fixed tie rods (which aren't adjustable) or threaded tie rods (which must be removed to be adjusted), the Rustler's steel turnbuckles make it easy to adjust toe-in with just a spin of the included wrench.

9. Traxxas XL-1 electronic speed control (installed). This ESC design has been around forever, as evidenced by its chunky case and big heat sinks. It's a low-frequency, reversing ESC, which means it can get rather hot in use, but I found it totally reliable; no throttle problems.

10. Traxxas Top Qualifier 27MHz transmitter and 2019 receiver (installed). The "TQ" radio set is a Traxxas staple, and its trademark funky shape is easy to spot. The radio features easy-- access servo-reversing switches and trim knobs, adjustable trigger throw and a "radio on" LED-basic stuff, but the setup is more than capable of controlling the Rustler.

* Factory-finished and trimmed body. I say "finished" instead of "painted" because Traxxas somehow managed to print the graphics on the shell; I don't know how it was done, but they look great and don't chip. The body arrives colored and decaled as seen in the photos, the color is keyed to the frequency of the included radio. This is a cool idea; when your buddy buys a ProTrax, all he has to do is get the other color scheme to avoid a frequency conflict when you race.

* Traxxas Stinger 20-turn motor (installed). The included, closed-endbell motor doesn't look any faster than the usual 540 mill, but there's a 20-turn armature in there. That's RC lingo for "faster," and the Stinger powerplant does have more scoot than the typical Mabuchi or Johnson "silver can" 540 motor.

PM with any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_5563.JPG
    IMG_5563.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_5567.JPG
    IMG_5567.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5564.JPG
    IMG_5564.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5569.JPG