Proline Maxx steering kit & HS-645MG

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I thought I read somewhere on one of these posts (and I searched them all with various combinations of keywords) that there was an issue or consideration when installing a Proline Maxx steering kit with a HiTec 645MG servo...

I wanted to get my stuff ordered so the goods are on their way, regardless.

Somebody tell me I'm whacky so my unfound fears will be alleviated.

I don't think that there will be any problems or issues. You will love the proline steering kit. Money well spent.

You guys rock.

I knew I came to the right place.

A quick modification I did on mine was to reverse the posts / bells. Put the left on on the right and the .....

Doing this will allow you to use the stock turnbuckle. The stock is under 1 inch long and the ProLine is what? 3 inches or so long.

IMO the shorter one is stronger and less likely to get damaged.

Thats funny he brings that up Ed. We were just fixing that problem on my Maxx Monday. weird or what! I pulled a stupid and put double servo savers on as the post with the spring acts as one and the one on the servo it self was just plain dumb on my part. I used the proline turn buckle and took your other advice of using a steering horn, cranking down on the ball ends and re centering my servo. Works great now!!!!

Back