Proline and NJ Can they live together?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chazey, I was using the original NJBT on my T and it even hit the stock suspension arm, and spring. I am now using the Duratrax header with the AE pipe on my OS CVX .15 and it is an awesome combo. I don't miss the NJBT at all! The NJBT Gen 2 is exactly the same as the Duratrax, but they sell it for $25 + $8 shipping in the US and I got my Duratrax at the lhs for $11. Its a great header, nicely ported, with a gasket and screws with locktite already on them and a coupler too.

thanx ncnitro have a look at the pic on page one of this post . I now have a header the same size of the red one but black in colour. It came as a kit, header/pipe by Preditor.

I've since been told (in the last day) that the header is a Duratrax.

I'm pleased with it but was thinking the mk1 NJ would give better low grunt due to the length,with the big sweep back.

But my quest has ended because there's no way I'm taking off the proline. I'll either keep the NJ in case I get another max or sell it on.

babytrax.jpg

I saw that pic and I thought it looked alot like the Duratrax. Another problem with the NJBT is if you have a smaller clutchbell it will also rub against the spring too. Mine is pretty much a tool box ornament now, and an expensive one at that. I am much happier with the Duratrax header. I am building another maxx and I am almost done and I will be getting another Duratrax even though I already have the NJBT in my box.

I'll stick a pic of the pipe that comes with the kit for you to see tomorrow.
At the moment I'm running a cvec on the header with my Fantom. Which goes very well.

The header/pipe kit from Preditor comes with bolts,gasket and coupler and costs £22, approx I would guess $30
babytrax.jpg

NC put some 1:8 shocks on the new maxx,th eNJ will not touch anything at all,i did this on one of my 4 maxxes:thumbsup:
4 shocks are enough instead of 8,sorry i did not explain before.

Easy, the "new Maxx" is just a frankenstein made up of all the stock parts I took off my other T, as well as a few extra goodies I picked up here and there. My brother in law gave me a full set of rpm a arms and shock towers as well as his chassis after he did a .21 conversion. I will just use my TRX that only has 5 tanks through it since I put an OS CVX 15 on my other truck right after I broke the trx in, all I really need now to finish it is steering linkage and a tranny and 1 servo. I am not gonna really do many mods to this truck, its just gonna be a spare so if my main truck is down I can still bash, or a friend says let me drive it, they can try that one.

NC promised pic of pipe in the combo kit.
pred.jpg

Its a little longer and thiner in the front half and overall than the trax blue. Its a very good pipe indeed producing a good result for a budget price.

babytrax.jpg

Chazey, that pipe is a top end pipe. You see how it has a long taper to the end of the pipe. That pipe is designed to give more top end speed as opposed to low end grunt.

Originally posted by Jason399
where can i find nj

Dude, just get the Duratrax for $11, the NJ has too many problems, they are being made by a different manufacturer and are much lower quality, not to mention he charges $8 to ship a $28 dollar header, that costs about a buck to send in a bubble envelope. It will rub your a arm and shock.

Back