Proline Ambush

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fix14wd

RCTalk Qualifier
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So I've had this body and roll cage tucked away for years in a box in the garage. Brand new in the packages, a Proline Ambush 1/10 body and the roll cage to go with it. I just never had a crawler for it at the time, but being an IH Scout guy, I had to have it. Geez, that was 12 yrs ago?!... Now that I have the Vanquish Fordyce I've been thinking about getting a crawler kit to build, and this might be the time to bring the Ambush to life. I took it out and placed it on the Fordyce and it looks like it might be a little short on the chasis. Maybe I just need to trim it and place it on, but it looks like the wheelbase on the Vanquish is a little longer than the wheel wells. What do you think?
Any of you guys remember this body?

thumbnail_image2.jpg

thumbnail_image4.jpg

thumbnail_image3.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that originally an MT body? 280ish mm vs your standard 313mm crawler wheelbase?
Whatever it is I like the looks.

Edit: just saw that there was a crawler version in 313 (12.3) so should fit most crawler kits!

Last edited:
You could probably shorten your stock links just a tad and make that fit nicely, because it doesn't look bad as is. Maybe even trimming the wheel wells a tad will help too.

My friend's step-dad was big into the Scout. He had two of them. Really cool body.

Last edited:
It is very close, I think you can squeeze it in that body. The scout is very cool👍🏼

Looked at it again this morning and I'd need to shorten the wheelbase by about an inch. Even if I got the wheelbase to match up, the lid itself is at the front edge on the inner fenders and the back edge of the gas tank on the chassis. Not a huge deal, I could trim the inner fenders to get it on. The links hardly have any adjustment in them, at least in that direction. I think it'll take a custom build to put this body to use. Might have to sit in t hat box a little while longer...

Isn't that originally an MT body? 280ish mm vs your standard 313mm crawler wheelbase?
Whatever it is I like the looks.

Edit: just saw that there was a crawler version in 313 (12.3) so should fit most crawler kits!
I think the crawler version was pinched, wasn't it? The wheelbase for this is 284mm.

Looks like it's the MT version after all. You could get a smaller kit, more suited for a scale build with 4.19 wheels, could look great. Like the OG SCX10 or something.

scx10_wb2.jpg

Looks like it's the MT version after all. You could get a smaller kit, more suited for a scale build with 4.19 wheels, could look great. Like the OG SCX10 or something.

scx10_wb2.jpg
Man, I was curious and went hunting for a short wheelbase crawler kit with no luck. Nice find.