Project Rlaarlo 917 1/10 Roller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mister_uk

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
Here is my new Rlaarlo Aluminium Roller project.

rlaarlo 917 custom (2).jpg

I did get that Free Gold spurgear, top order gift :)
I will install this in my Car.
Also have new 120a Waterproof 4s ESC, rebranded Hobbywing and Program card.

rlaarlo 917 custom (1).jpg

Looks like this Cars is very High Quality. Now i do understund the Normal price.
Happy i did buy this Pre sale way too Cheap :)

Next time i show what motor, servo and foam wheels i install to this

Interesting. You just gonna tease us and not show the chassis? That's just wrong. 😁 looks expensive and exotic. What's the plans for it, and the surface it will be used on?

Here is my new Rlaarlo Aluminium Roller project.

View attachment 164780

I did get that Free Gold spurgear, top order gift :)
I will install this in my Car.
Also have new 120a Waterproof 4s ESC, rebranded Hobbywing and Program card.

View attachment 164779

Looks like this Cars is very High Quality. Now i do understund the Normal price.
Happy i did buy this Pre sale way too Cheap :)

Next time i show what motor, servo and foam wheels i install to this
There pre-sale price was insane for what it is. My neighbor picked one up, and promptly wrecked it, so he's waiting on parts.

Good to hear @mister_uk . I picked up the CF RTR version last week. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

These are better for high speed i think, because the special center driveshaft, also adjustable motormount and other great stuff.

I will drive mine att couple rough surfaces also, so carbon will not work for me sadly.

My plans is drive it with rubber tyres at one rough parking lot. at 2s only, near my house
Drift it with drift wheels on 2s at fine tarmac 5minutes from my house with 1/1
There i will also run it with foam wheels on 3s

I will not do speedruns at all., these are too smal and light weight.
I have calculate top speed 64mph with Foams on 3s. This is fast enough for me with this little car.
My combo is 120amp and 3660 motor 4s ready. I have 4s, i think this can be too dangerous.
I have big 120a combo only because i want drive it very cool at hot summerdays. 3s it will barely be warm because it is a 4s combo

I'm waiting for Porsche Gulf sticker sheet now i ordered. Then i will take Pictures of everything, with Foams.

My 6s Long chassis GT 1/8 360mm i will do some more maybe about 75mph
65mph with normal pinon, about 75mph with couple extra tooth pinion and high speed high voltage cooling fans .
MAX 8 150a ESC, Castle neu 1515 2200kv motor. 25kg servo high voltage it does 30kg if i remember right with decent speed also.
GRP belted wheels

Picture of my 6s build 360mm 1/8
hobao gtb 6s 360mm (1).jpg

hobao 360mm gtb (1).jpg

Cheap budget build.
New Roller 250 cash It is quality Hobao car. Very popular here in GB
Servo less than 30bucks
Dumbo gyro receiver 9bucks
Motor new sale at 49bucks only
Old but good Max8 ESC from another car that i sold as Roller year 2021
Same 6s lipo i use in my Mojave EXB Arrma.
Color
About 340bucks total
GRPs i got 8pc new from before, i did buy them cheap at sale before they change to new style.
I have the stock wheels new in bags. i dont like glue tyres LOL.

This summer will be fun i believe.
I am also building 6s boat, i did buy Quality Carbon fiber hull 1100mm , big flexshaft and other stuff at sale Black Friday 2022,
slow process build, Cheap turnigy boat esc 180a and SSS 4092 size Quality boat motor cheap 80bucks only
Digital 15kg waterproof servo. Normally the do have about 9kg, i like have some extra strong stuff to be secure.

it will be ready to run in less than ,3 weeks. . I'm building the last part, balsa and plexiglass radiobox ,everything else is done finally.
I did not hurry with this, i have done everything with extra care. With Dumbo receiver i will have 300m range.

I will use same 6s i have to my Cars, got two of these. I will have 2pc 6s at each side in parallel, or i can also have one in center.
My friend did print some nice special adjustable battery trays with his 3d printer to my boat. I can move them 4inches, to find perfect balance
so i can drive it fast. I just need loose 2pc 4mm bolts in evey tray and tighten were i want them to sit after adjust them front or back.
He did very smart design with these.

I need buy black 17mm wheelnuts, i dont like these shiny silver to black wheels.

Happy weekend all

Last edited:
Nice color, what did you use?

thin layers of 6 DIFFERENT COLORS lol., Crazy experiment, it turned out very nice and special. Super custom. Cameleont.
This makes it shine and change color with yellow/gold, green/copper. Very special
i will tell how you do exactly in couple days

Back