Project Race-Maxx is almost complete

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

destrucktomaxx

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So with a little persistence and A LOT of ingenuity, project Race-Maxx is almost finished..er....ready (it'll never be finished). Mind you, it needs polish, but for a 75 dollar truck, it'll be hard to beat on track.

I've ordered Ofna rear buggy shocks for each corner and Axial .28RR, Stole my E-Revo's diff's and shoved them in it, relocated my throttle servo to inline of the carb, mounted a 75cc Losi XXXN-T fuel tank inline of the chassis, and threw on the Talons to make it a roller. Here's some pics.

DSC_4799.jpg

DSC_4814.jpg

DSC_4815.jpg

DSC_4820.jpg

I also bought a new 3.3 tranny, complete, off Craigslist for 35 bucks, and will fill it with Robinson gears, like the diff's have already. I'll also be cannibalizing the servos from the E-Revo for it as well, seeing as how I also ordered the Kershaw servo. The rest of the truck will have the standard upgrades, I.E: RPM upper arms, Fast Lane lower alum. arms, RPM knuckles, center diff, etc.

Will keep updating as time goes on.

Last edited:
Pics workie now, I haz the dumb at the moment.

I ordered one of those Kershaws as well. I'm hoping its as good as it sounds. Truck is looking great!

You will kill that carb slider with the throttle linkage at that angle. Turn the carb to where the slider is lined up with the linkage.

And I'll warn you now...That axial .28rr will take that tmaxx tranny to the wood shed. If you can cancel the order on that engine and get a .21 or .18 sized engine and you will not have to buy a hole new tranny in the end.

Looks pretty good though ;)

You will kill that carb slider with the throttle linkage at that angle. Turn the carb to where the slider is lined up with the linkage.

And I'll warn you now...That axial .28rr will take that tmaxx tranny to the wood shed. If you can cancel the order on that engine and get a .21 or .18 sized engine and you will not have to buy a hole new tranny in the end.

Looks pretty good though ;)

With Robinson gears? Doubt it. The old black tranny can handle a picco. Why would his beefed tranny have any problems. That thing called a slipper clutch comes in handy if ya know how to use it. That thing does look cool, besides the wires running all over. But I see there isn't much you can do about it. As long as they don't get snagged on something, who cares! Body will fix 'em right up!

Last edited:
I got the wires hung as best as possible with body clips around the trans case screws. Besides that, there's gonna be a new gray cased 3.3 trans in the truck, with Robinson gears. Trust me Sam, it pulls straight.

The wires don't look like there in any danger. I wouldn't heed samrsnow's advice. That new tranny won't have a problem with the R.R. gears and a properly adjusted slipper. Know what skins you want to run yet?

Losi ZombieMaxx's. I was told that there is such a thing as too much traction and that..I am fine with, LMAO.

I wish I could find a set of Proline Powerstrokes. Or some decent progressive rate springs..that would be nice too.

EDIT: This is what happens when you get bored when sick...insanity takes over...

DSC_4868.jpg

DSC_4869.jpg

DSC_4870.jpg

DSC_4871.jpg

DSC_4872.jpg

DSC_4873.jpg

Yes those are E-Revo shocks, and YES it IS that low. New designation...Code name, Project RaceBomb.

Last edited:
if you want to race,,, you have to get a bigger fuel tank. 75cc will not cut it in a main. IMO you need a 125cc-150cc fuel tank.

A bigger tank looks like it will squeeze in there, too. That's a pretty cool project. Some times a little insanity is fun, especially when your stuck in the house sick. Keep it coming.

With Robinson gears? Doubt it. The old black tranny can handle a picco. Why would his beefed tranny have any problems. That thing called a slipper clutch comes in handy if ya know how to use it. That thing does look cool, besides the wires running all over. But I see there isn't much you can do about it. As long as they don't get snagged on something, who cares! Body will fix 'em right up!

OK man well i didn't see him say anything about RR gears.

The only way a bigger tank is fitting in that spot is if its the same dimensions width wise, only taller. I'll be running twin Mugen long fuel filters, those things are MASSIVE! Perhaps..if the tank had some "original tank style" stand-offs, it might be different, but I have yet to come across a tank to my liking that had that style of stand-offs.

Not so sure I like the Revo shocks on it though. It was just a kooky idea I ran with, but its waay too stiff. Even with my lightest spring (which isn't long enough to allow proper suspension action, in this application at least) it bounces on the drop test hardcore. I'm glad to be getting the buggy shocks, because anything else would be pointless IMO.

Back