Project Mini T Evo-X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i got a mini T in a great deal from my LHS. i just ordered myself the Evo-X kit and carbon fiber body with trinity termination motor and some nice RPM wheels and trinity off road tires. should be a great little project. ill take some pics of the car and in a few days ill start the project when my stuff comes in the mail!

ok the parts came in =] time to start the project!!

carbon fiber chassis
project6.jpg

RPM bully wheels and proline bowties in front and proline dirt hawgs in the back
project2.jpg

mounted and glued
project4.jpg

peak performance raider motor and duratrax wheel bearings
project3.jpg

Finished front end with the Evo-X kit
project5.jpg

more to come =]

just finished up the rear end with the new motor. had to solder the leads on and put a new pinion on it
project7.jpg

project8.jpg

front and rear assembled and installed
project9.jpg

project10.jpg

Finished project! =]
project11.jpg

project12.jpg

project13.jpg

this was a great project and can't wait to get a RC 18 and do an Evo-X kit to that.
hope you all like it

Now you need to paint another sick body, this time for the Mini-T and it will look insane! Now, not that you will look bad at all for driving without a body to show off all the bling. Now all you need is a camera that will do your projects some justice.

I really like that Evo-X kit, you just had to go and show that off didn't you? Now I gotta look like big fat copy-cat when I go buy one for my Mini-T and RC18. Once I get moved into our new place and the misses lets me, you will see my projects pick up again.

Congratulations though, that's an excellent kit and build. That tire choice looks nice.

yeah it was a great build. i definetly need a nice paint job now i do agree. I'm saving up for a nice airbrush so i can make it real nice. some nice blue ghost flames should do it justice =].

i might end up selling this one to fund another project so i can keep busy. its really great to have something i built myself and looks really cool too.

thanks for the complements marauder. hope everything goes well with your new home and all and hope to see that Evo-X kit being built soon. (might want to steer clear of the blue though....copy cat! =])

I seem to remember a certain guy named Matt not wanting to buy a glow plug because he was so frustrated and didn't want to spend any more money on this "dumb car" when he first got into the hobby. But he stuck with it and now he's got the addiction just as bead as the rest of us. Kinda like 3 months ago when I didn't know if I wanted to buy the Savage because 2 trucks was a lot to have and keep up, and now I've got 10 lol

i might end up selling this one to fund another project so i can keep busy. its really great to have something i built myself and looks really cool too.

I call dibs if and when you decide to sell it. :yes:

nice looking build matt.....and i remember what charles is talking about.glad you stuck with it.

Yeam, I'm glad to. We've got another wonderful person who's feeding an RC Addiction in the hobby, just like it should be.

I call dibs if and when you decide to sell it. :yes:

probably wont be for another month or so. i want to try it out at the local track and see how it does. that Peak Performance motor lifts the front end nicely too =] but you got first dibs when it up for sale!

Yeam, I'm glad to. We've got another wonderful person who's feeding an RC Addiction in the hobby, just like it should be.

yeah I'm glad too. that first car i had was a pain in the A$$ but once it got going it was fast as hell and i realized what everyone was talking about. but once i got my revo i knew it was a go with this hobby. so glad i stuck it through! =]

Yeah, you know you're hooked when the motto "A bad day bashing beats a good day at the office." I used to get so uptight about messing something up, but now I don't really look to break things, but if something happens while I'm pushing the limit of my r/c then I gladly look forward to the 'parts run' trip to the hobby store and rebuilding my ride.

I guess I'm learning that from my 1/18th scale most, because right now my space to work on my rides is limited so having a 1/10th or 1/8th scale in pieces would be pushing my space limits.

I'm also learning more every day, and I'm trying to soak as much knowledge from my dad as possible. I don't know if you guys remember the MT2 I recently acquired, but if you seen it now you'd have a cow. We are waiting on a few odds and ends from TowerHobbies to make it in the mail to finish up the swap to the OS .18 CV-RX which will be a beast in that little truck. I gave it to dad free and he wanted to get it back going, so it's cool to see the progress from tired to new.

yeah i just made a "parts run" over to hobbytown cuz i picked up the metal pinion i needed. slaped it in and took off like a bat out of hell and than it started spinning in circles. further inspection indicated that i broke a dogbone. so when i went to hobbytown and they had MIP CVDs for the mini t. so i picked that up, and a dual disk slipper conversion. so that should hold this beasts power from this engine i got. i didnt really think it would be as powerful as it is. but it will pull wheels now at anytime. I'm going to start looking into lipos when i get some extra cash. that should make it track worth =]

That dual disc slipper and a ball differential will remedy that when properly adjusted.

ok so when the slipper is tight, what does it do?
when its loosened what does it do?

for some reason I'm having a brain fart about slippers, someone refresh my momory PLEASE =]

The slipper allows the clutch to slip a lil when power is added. It acts as a cusion against all that force. Instead of the full force of the torque being applied instantly, the slipper soaks up some of the impact so that your drivetrain doesn't catch such brute force. The slipper applies the power just gradually enough to not break parts when it is poperly adjusted. I'm guessing that you've got it tightened down all the way, and it needs to be loosened.

yeah that makes sense. i dont know why i couldnt think of that before. thanks charlie

ok here is the brushless combo i got
brushless1.jpg

the new racing shocks!
brushless2.jpg

titanium turnbuckles
brushless3.jpg

and the 2 cell 11.1V 1500mAh Li-Po battery
brushless4.jpg

DAMN Matt I can't wait to see this thing run. I've got the RC18 body in the garage right now drying the first coat of metallic green paint (I sprayed it on too heavily... rookie mistake :whistle:) and tomorrow I'll put a coat of yellow over that which hopefully will end up a freakin' SICK looking neon green. Got some yellow racing stripes on it too. My next upgrade for sure will be a brushless system. I'm gonna hold off on LiPo since I won't have the money for a charger for a long time yet.

Do you still have those RC18 tires?

yeah i got them tires already. i have to wait to get that servo and servo saver kit in the mail. so i wont have this brushless up and running yet for another few days.

but i got my 6 cell 7.2V 2600mAh Ni-MH battery pack in today and it REALLY PEPED UP this peak performance motor. its extreamly fast now as it is.

but with the brushless and lipo set up i got its going to be a monster

Back