Project Backyard Track!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So a week or two ago my LHS opened up their R/C Track behind the shop. It's sweet, and perfect for 1/10th scale electric trucks, and buggies. Mini's run good on it too. My dad and I went by to have a look at it, and he instantly said, " We could build something like this in the backyard you know." I told him I was thinking about it because what happens with my Revo, and my Savage that I might win on here, if WoodiE ever announces my name already. But anyways, today we went out back and measured the size my dad would be willing to give up to me to make a track out of. I measured a decent sized rectangle, and it came to 30' x 45'. Any pro racers on here, is that a decent size for a small 1/8th scale track? I was thinking of making like 4 lanes across at 7.25' wide. I'm sketching up a few designs right now as I plan to make this over the summer. Wish me luck, and I will have pictures up tomorrow.

good luck

Good luck with the backyard track there... can't wait to se your prgress... designs etc... my other half wants to put one in our back yard.... but we'll see... Tracey...

That sounds about right for lane dimensions. Most around here are 8-10 foot wide lanes.

sorry guys about no progress yet, I have been in Florida for the past week and didn't get to do much. I am done with my blueprint of the track, and I would like to get pictures up of my space that I have as of right now. I will try for today, if not tomorrow.

Ok, got the picture taken today from my new Droid X, and the quality is unreal for a phone, 8 MP!! Here is the progress i have made so far...

f15b7433.jpg

Back