problem with running

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADVK253

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok my T-maxx runs ok now but once i use about half a tank and
she stalls it will not run right for the rest of the day, its like she oils
up, should i try and lean her out by 1/16th of a turn on the hsn?
please help, I'm starting 2 think i should go a 5T.....
also what other engines out there can fit in to a T-maxx
without major mobs

Last edited:
Mad., Do you have a temp. guage? If it seems like it is running right and then stalls you are probably running too lean and starving for fuel. If it was running rich it would be spitting out a bunch of un-burnt fuel and run sluggishly. Get you a temp. gun and tune it to run b/t 190-230 degrees and you should be good.

Most likely culprit for a lean condition at half tank is an air leak. Check your air lines, fuel filler seal, etc. for a possible leak. Leaning her out won't help because she is already going lean when she warms up. Are you running a filter and if so is it real close to or touching the head? If so you need to route it away from all that heat.

she duz blow constant smoke when shes WOT, is there any other engine that i can fit 2 the maxx?

cool shame its in the states, my dream is to have 1day just 1day where it duznt piss about,wen i get home I'm gonna have a look 4 air leaks again, this time wen shes warm

also is there a fourstroke out yet that can go in a truck/buggy/car?, how hard would it be 2 fit 1 in my truck?