Primer bulb not working

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waddo29

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am running a newly built 29cc cy motor with a new RB Innovations Carburetor Heat Insulator Block w/ Diaphragm Filter, a new 990 carb, new ddm velocity stack, new dt1 air filter and all new gaskets. I am also running the Full-Force RC v2 High Flow Fuel Line Kit. I was stupid enough to initially connect the intake fuel line and return fuel line backwards and because the full force machined brass fuel fittings are so long, the return goes so deep into the fuel tank that it sucks gas and I did not realize the lines were backwards until the motor stopped running after about 3 minutes and the carb primer build would no longer prime. I got the lines hooked up correctly and the bulb primed back up right away. However, now I can run the motor until it gets to running temp, approx 180deg to 200deg, and then I start seeing air bubbles in the fuel line and the primer bulb runs out of gas and the engine dies and bulb will not prime again. Once the temp comes down, the primer bulb will again prime like normal and engine will run again until it reaches running temp, then same thing happens. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I am running a newly built 29cc cy motor with a new RB Innovations Carburetor Heat Insulator Block w/ Diaphragm Filter, a new 990 carb, new ddm velocity stack, new dt1 air filter and all new gaskets. I am also running the Full-Force RC v2 High Flow Fuel Line Kit. I was stupid enough to initially connect the intake fuel line and return fuel line backwards and because the full force machined brass fuel fittings are so long, the return goes so deep into the fuel tank that it sucks gas and I did not realize the lines were backwards until the motor stopped running after about 3 minutes and the carb primer build would no longer prime. I got the lines hooked up correctly and the bulb primed back up right away. However, now I can run the motor until it gets to running temp, approx 180deg to 200deg, and then I start seeing air bubbles in the fuel line and the primer bulb runs out of gas and the engine dies and bulb will not prime again. Once the temp comes down, the primer bulb will again prime like normal and engine will run again until it reaches running temp, then same thing happens. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

When you start the engine an let it warm up ,try loosening up the fuel cap ,if the engine starts to smooth
out an run better ,then that means that the tank is getting air locked an not breathing!

If you have a tank cap with a breather ,you will have to replace it ,or ,you can install a separate breather ,
but requires drilling a small hole in the tank.

Try that!...:cool:

When you start the engine an let it warm up ,try loosening up the fuel cap ,if the engine starts to smooth
out an run better ,then that means that the tank is getting air locked an not breathing!

If you have a tank cap with a breather ,you will have to replace it ,or ,you can install a separate breather ,
but requires drilling a small hole in the tank.

Try that!...:cool:
I will try this, thank you for your help...

Back