Pretty bad wreck =[

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin2048

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today I took my truck to an empty parking lot and it had this dirt divider running down the middle of the parking lot. I was jumping my truck over it and there was a crumbled curb in this one section. I didn't realize it till I hit it while gunning the throttle. I thought I just stripped my spur gear but when I went to replace it I saw that my engine mount was cracked and the screw holes on my front skid were broken. I was pissed. I just got my truck tuned right and I had a brand new os glow plug in it which was great. Now I gotta buy new parts and I don't have the money to buy aftermarket stuff =/ unless there is a website that sells super cheap aftermarket parts?

Yup, hitting solid things at full speed will always end up in a lot of broken parts. I suggest that you do a walk around in a new area to look for things like this before you start to bash. I do.

This isn't a new spot lol. I go there often since it's right across the street from my house and there is an even bigger parking lot right next to it with some big speedbumps that give you some good air. It's funny how a front end crash cracked the screw holes on my engine mount off. I should go and have a look at the rest of my front end to see if I broke anything else

UPDATE AFTER LOOKING OVER MY FRONT END:

I was about to take apart my front end and when I got to the pin screw that holds in the lower a arm I noticed that the inside of the screw head has a nice chunk of plastic jammed in it. The plastic came from my front skid plate. That shows how fast I was goin when I hit the damned curb... I'm having a hard time gettiNg this plastic out

ANOTHER UPDATE:
I just noticed that a bit of my chassis is shaved down right under where the clutch bell sits. I guess when my mount cracked my engine dipped a little and the clutch bell hit the chassis. The gear isn't damaged so that's good

Last edited:
Sounds like it was one hell of a wreck. Good luck with all the repairs.

It was a bad wreck but the price to fix it is under 20 bucks. I'm buying a new front bumper cuz my stock one is trash. I'm gettin the black rpm tube bumper. It looks real nice but it makes my total price 26 bucks with shipping. Not too bad

you didnt know you was carrying around a portable milling machine. did you? here in wichita we have had rain and fog for the last 2-3 days. just put in a new left drive shaft, on my new jato. went to my reg parking lot. with water on the pavement it would not go with out spinning. at one point it got so bad i thought it had broke the clutch, it was just spinning the tires.

Back