Practice day (Finally having fun)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aMawds

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Went to the track today. Not a SINGLE nitro guy other than me there. Brought my truggy, and got to test out my new pit box setup. First let me tell you, that box made my life absolutely heaven. Everything had it's place, so when I needed a tool or needed to put something somewhere, bam. Easy. No losing body clips under a wheel, or silly annoyances like that. The truggy ran like clockwork. Hadn't run in three weeks or so, so it really needed to blast down the straights a few times to clear out. Leaned it out on the HS about 4 hours to get it to heat up, then ended up richening it up about 2 hours. Ran like a pissed off animal all day. I had ordered some slightly hotter plugs, and decided to drop one in when the truggy started acting a bit off. Ran even angrier. 3 tanks later I checked the plug, still wet and shiny. Apparently I'm still rich. More than enough power to walk the electric buggies that were there in low end torque. That's pretty impressive. Temps were a bit high (280's at times) but damn did I have fun. Not a single broken part, malfunction, or hiccup. No flame outs once warmed up, nothing. I was getting more and more consistent while the truggy got faster and faster as the engine finally loosened up. Super excited to get the 8th scale buggy back on the track too. That has a hyper .21 coming and should absolutely scream once broken in, but I'm also switching to a different fuel. Was using sidewinder, but the shop located at my track doesn't carry it and the other shop that does is kind of out of the way. What he does carry is Byrons gen 2 so I picked up some 20% with 12% oil. Once I finish off the last half quart or so of my other fuel I'll switch and retune the Truggy, but I'll be breaking in the hyper .21 in the buggy with the Byrons. All in all, great day at the track. Unfortunately EVERYONE is going to be there tomorrow, but I work. Sunday is supposed to be nice though.

Man I know the feeling of being the only nitro. It happens almost every day at my track. Only race day is where tjey come out to play.

We have a lot of nitro racers in our area so it's the dominant class (as it should be). We also get a lot of big name drivers come through. In fact Adam Drake --who is one of my favorite racers--was here last weekend...and got beat by a local.

In fact Adam Drake --who is one of my favorite racers--was here last weekend...and got beat by a local.

Home field advantage was the excuse I'm sure :p
Nitro and electric seem to be fairly even right now. I've had days where there were literally one or two guys running electric only, other days where there's close to nothing but electrics. Usually when I'm the only nitro they make jokes after a run along the lines of "it's safe!" when I get off the track when they're all running 10th scales and I'm running my absolutely massive in comparison nitro truggy. I let it cool off while I go corner for them so they can have a little 10th scale race.

Anyway it's sunny out, I was told everyone was going to be at the track today, and I don't work till 4pm! Woot!!! I came to this realization no more than an hour ago so :hehe::D

Back