powerstroke maxx shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Proline Powerstrokes. Thinking about purchasing a used set. What do you guys think of them. And are the rear powerstrokes for the slash the same as the maxx shocks.

Seeing how the slash is approx ½ the weight of the Maxx you may need to look at some heavier rate springs also...

When the came out they were the best shocks made for a T-maxx period. Granted there are a lot of others out there now, the Traxxas Big Bores are nice too. If you can get a good deal on them I would go for it. I am looking at buggy/truggy shocks for mine eventually.

8 of them should do the trick...

That's what I was thinking if I run all eight that should hold up to the weight about right. The chassis I am running is a cut away chassis plus I will be keeping this rig on the light side.

I like mine, but can't find rebuild kits for them anymore. Go with the slash ones and beef up the springs

Thats awesome, even Proline doesn't/won't sell them!

edit....The slash ones wont fit according to proline....

Last edited:
I decided to go the losi eight t 2.0 shock. I have a buddy using this setup and it works great.

Back