Post your Traxxas T-Maxx pics here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh ya she is bud! Wanting to throw an os.21tm in the girl soon!

zetyra7u.jpg

e4u8apeg.jpg

This is what mine currently looks like. Waiting on the new servos, should be here today. hope you guys like it

My latest rebuild

There are two pics...one is the latest rebuild and the other is the aftermath of a high speed crash into my shop bldg that got this whole thing started. does anyone know a good driving instructor?

photo_4.jpg

photo1.jpg

I got my T Maxx used for 35 bux, it was pretty sad when I brought it home, but I got to work with doing mods on it and now it is pretty sweet, All RPM suspension parts on front and bulkheads shock towers and body mounts and I found a sweet American CNC 6.5 mm chassis for it for pretty cheep too. I have MIP CVD Drives on all axles ending with TRX red 17mm hex hubs for the wheels, and the diffs rest in alloy cups and all.....I went with blue stuff to make it nice..... still a few things to do on it but so far about 200 bux into it, RC Raven radio and battery boxes too.....I need to get some better shocks for it but that will be soon I hope.... On to some pics of how it was and how it sits now....

MikesTMaxx003.jpg

MikesTMaxx001.jpg

MikesTMaxxChassis005.jpg

MikesTMaxx041.jpg

DSCN6978.jpg

DSCN6997.jpg

DSCN7079.jpg

DSCN7082.jpg

DSCN7092.jpg

DSCN7522.jpg

DSCN7519.jpg

Thanks for looking at another of my many project rigs I have

Decided to throw on my free emaxx body onto my tmaxx. Need to do a little trimming and itll look better.

1926945_10153147335869004_4247888681508270146_n.jpg

20150519_175948.jpg
20150519_175948.jpg
20150519_175907.jpg
20150519_175902.jpg
20150519_180021(0).jpg
20150519_180007.jpg
20150519_180004.jpg
This is the truck that will kill me. Please check my post. I'm in need I'm desperate.

Attachments

• 20150519_175948.jpg
    20150519_175948.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 304
My tmaxx with a 3.3 and a grave digger body and proline high rise body mounts running on vp fuel

Attachments

• 20150921_204332.jpg
    20150921_204332.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 269
My Frankenstein. It was never a whole truck until it was finished. I bought it off craigslist from a guy who built it from spare parts. I have added all rpm arms after breaking the front right wheel off twice. First pic is how it was when I got it and how it is now. I want to put the imex jumbo maxx back on but I have to wait until I get them repaired and balanced. They were shaking the truck apart. It has a 2.5r tranny, 3.3 trx motor and a new 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver. I put a 72T steel robinson racing gear on it despite the fact that it might transfer damage someplace more expensive. I'll just keep upgrading broken parts till I have a new truck ;) I have not had a body for it only the roll cage and I am looking for the one that will fit on top of the cage with few modifications. The windshield portion gets in the way. I upgraded the steering servo to a 266 oz savox steel servo. I will probably be removing reverse as I don't use it much and it is just causing me problems with the jerky jerk idle. Everything is sitting on a custom extended chassis and other than all the plastic that breaks very little is probably actual traxxas anymore. The exhaust is hot boddies, the bulkheads are aluminum Integy as well as the steering neck and skid plates. I upgraded to aluminum shock caps because the eyelet on top kept breaking off if it rolled and slid any distance. wheels are rpm and I honestly hate them. tires are stock MAXX tires and I'm starting to hate them too lol even though I think they look cool. I can't get any traction with this truck, I will not drive straight, Under acceleration it simply wants to kick the back end sideways or if it does get traction it tries to bring up only the front left wheel, I cannot find any bind in the drivetrain nor do I believe there is an issue with the diffs. I really believe it's just lousy traction and slick surface as it is winter and the rubber is hard and the roads dusty. I run my truck in all temperatures and conditions and I simply fix things when they break or get wetness where it doesn't belong. I don't care it's here to work play and have fun and I don't find I have much of a problem due to running in extreme cold or snow. I just make sure I run it rich. I really do love this truck but it's nowhere near what I want it to be yet and I'm looking forward to getting it there. Well to those who read my intro post you'll understand the long winded post. I love RC's, driving them, talking about them, fixing them and looking at them. talk to you guys later.!
IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0138.JPG

I decided to get the paint out and change the look of my T Maxx.
Matte black wheels and front and rear bumper. I'll see how long the paint lasts once I put the new engine in and get that exhaust all over the rear right wheel...

20160907_175129_zpsvnaaj1sy.jpg

20160907_175412_zps8ayzbvlx.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ok, so I've had a lot of rcs in the past 20 years. Had a lot of Tmaxx savages revos and more but got out of the hobby recently but just ended up picking this Tmaxx 3.3 up for cheap. I got it and it was filthy no gross. I went through the whole truck and serviced it all and well this is what I have so far. I'd love to upgrade it eventually but it's not my priority right now, just wanted something to mess with again. I know it's no savage but it's a nice truck. It actually came out much better then I thought it would. Amazing what water and purple power will do..

Last edited:
Worked on the tune on my TMaxx all morning. Just tinkering. Had a good base time but, it needed a little tinkering. But, it’s tuned perfectly now. Plenty of smoke. And, it’s moving on. I love this thing.

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8662.jpeg