Possibly a newbie question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

person123

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I haven't driven my nitro's in awhile, and I can't remember if air bubbles in your fuel line are normal. If that is bad how do you fix it? Thanks

You shouldn't see very many bubbles in the fuel line. Check the condition of your lines, the fuel tank, fuel filter, and the rubber O ring on the tank cap. There is an air leak somewhere.

everything looks good. The vehicle I was driving is my Savage X SS, and it has only been driven two other times since break in. I also notice it a little bit on my RC10GT. I'm not talking about lots of big bubbles, and the truck(s) seem to run fine. I don't know, it's probably normal.

As long as the air bubbles aren't big enough to cause the engine to momentarily run lean or erradictly when they hit the carb you should be fine.

olds97lss puts a few shots of armor all in a gallon of nitro fuel to prevent bubbles.

Last edited:
Yeah, every once in awhile when I am slowing down, the engine on both my trucks will jump to a higher tone and make a "gurgling" sort of "gappy" noise. It doesn't make the truck accelerate though, and it only lasts for about a second. I've heard of the armor all thing, but I am a little leery.

Armoral prevents the fuel from foaming. That's usually something that applies to airplane fuel rather than car fuel. You might be picking up bubbles from the fuel splashing around, but it sounds like you get it regularly. If you get it when the truck is just idling, you need to check for leaks. Might be as simple as replacing the fuel lines.

Ok, I'll replace the lines if the bubbles apper at idle, but I think it will be fine. Thanks a lot guys.

I was messing with my fuel lines a minute ago and I found that the screw that holds the carb in place was loose. The carb was not pressed all of the way down, and it was swiveling some. I think that may have been the problem! I haven't driven it since I tightened the screw back up (I used threadlock, hope that is fine because there was none on the screw when I pulled it out) but I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks again for the help.

Sounds like you just found and fixed your problem. I don't think threadlock will hurt anything as long as you used the removable (blue) kind. You may have to do some tuning adjustments since it should be running with less air now. Let us know how it runs.

Back