Possible carburetor problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydrew39219

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am beginning to suspect that I have damaged my carburetor in my Stampede. One day while making adjustments to the carburetor I think I might have turned the LSN too far clockwise. I have no fuel (coming in the mail!) so I can't try anything right now but yesterday I went to put the carb back to factory settings and the LSN was difficult to move and it shouldn't have been.

What would my Stampede do when running if I did in fact damage the carb by turning the LSN too far clockwise? Last time I ran it, it just didn't seem right. I could give it the slightest throttle and it would go but if I gave it just a hair more it would instantly stall (no bogging, no overheating either) and it was idling kinda funny too, jittery, like the idle was too high but I don't believe it is. I just watched a video of a guy taking a carb off a different nitro motor, I believe if was the 2.5R. It was 1 screw and it popped right out, is it that easy on the trx.15 pro?

It would be difficult to damage the lsn on the .15 carb unless you screwed it in with excessive force.
Sounds like you are tuned too lean if you can feather the throttle and and it will go only to stall when you apply lots of throttle.
Could be either and/or both the HSN/LSN too lean.

Just loosen the pinch bolt nut a turn or two under the carb and then tap the bolt (nut side) to loosen the grip. The carb will twist/pull right out of the block.

I never did really put too much force into it. But I did have to put some force in to it to put it back to factory settings thats why i thought i might have broken something, but thanks for the answer.

I could ease on the throttle as little as possible and if I gave it just a hair more it would stall. I guess thats lean, I'll play with the carb when I get my fuel in the mail. Thanks again.

A worn glow plug will also at times allow the engine to idle but stall when throttle is applied.

I recently changed mine because I thought it had worn out, that was not the case. Thanks for the help.

Back