Port engine=ending weekend bash early

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NooP

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, I ported my os cv .15. I got two of them, so I thought I would get in there with my porting tools and see what I can do. At first I thought I killed my engine. The engine was hard to tune and had to idle high to keep running. Eventually I got it running GOOD, besides for the high idle. I think if I get one of those racing clutches, I will be good to go.

My little rs4 RIPS.:flamer: It goes faster after the port with 20% than it did with 40% nitro. I wish I had the chance to try out the 40%. I hit a little bump, lost control, and strait into the front tires of my honda civic. One high speed collision, a few flips, and strait into the tire of my neighbors truck. Then the car limps in circles. Result= 3 cracked rims, bent dog bone, cracked battery holder, bent hinge pin, bent turn buckle, and one cracked steering knuckle.

If any of you guys have old engines, I think you should try porting it. I didnt mess much with the crank and connecting rod, cuz I was too lazy to balance it. All I did was mess with the sleeve. I didnt mess with timing, just flow and volume. It really makes a bid difference.

Just thought I would share.

--NooP

what you mean sleeper workd?

--NooP

No pictures of the port job? BTW what did you use as a guide to port it?

Sleeper, looks stock but is really fast. You took an already pretty sweet motor and made it even faster. People think you have a stock one but your really kicking ass. Iykan, I know one of the newer RC Car Ation had a rather nice and detailed porting how to. Extemely helpfull

Just done my TRX .15 and its a beast. Got the info from RC Car Action February 2004 How To section. My .15 will stay right with my friends 2.5 and that is with my 1/8 scale OFNA rims and tires on. I am sure I would be faster with the stocks. I tried to get a link up for lykan but couldnt. If you want I will send you that page in the mail if you want me to.

Didnt have one problem getting my started or running right either. I did switch the stock carb with my OS 15 CV carb.

I read several articles and threads from the web. I didnt use just one source as a guide. Also, I port heads for 1:1 cars. So, basically, I did some research, looked through the engine and ported where I thought it would help. and no, I wish I had a digi cam to show you guys my port work and my crash. sorry.

--NooP

Thanks for offerin GN, you know anywhere I coulc pick up a copy? can you order back issues online? I think I'm gongto haev t a subscribe and become a real addict lol.
I have a os 10e carb on my mach I may port at a later date.

You sparked a :idea: in my head (however dim)
How did you tune your ride once you put a new carnb on it?
I put a os 10E carb on my mach and can't find a decent sweet spot for the tune. No guts, or too much heat.

Is it possible he OS 10e is too small a carb for a .15?

I've ported carbs on 1/1 cars so I'm thinking i might give this a shot if I find a good guide that makes sense

Back