POLICE Lights

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just finished a light system for a custom Police Cruiser. I'll have to get someone to paint a body now, but at least the lights are done.

Police Lights

Last edited:
I have a soldering kit that comes with a soldering iron that teaches you how to solder by making that kit. It even as a loud siren with volume contol. You can fnd it at hobby town.

I did the lights myself, but maybe I'll look at the sound option.

That'll be cool, I can find out who makes the kit if you want

I will probably come out with a production kit if people like it. I'll have to add the sound though.

I hate cops, they give me tickets. If you add sound, have it be like...."woo ooo woo ooo, (then someone screaming) 5-0!"

I know the feeling. I got my first ticket about 35 miutes after getting my liscense. Then, about 15 more over the next 10 years. Lost my liscense twice already. One time it was for doing 140 mph on the New Jersey Parkway. They weren't thrilled when they finally did the road block at the toll booths.

Nothing like the feeling of a 1970 big block Firebird hauling down a freeway!!

What kind of paint are you looking for? I'm offering services if it's something I think I can handle. Give me an idea of what kind of body you want and what scheme you're looking for and we'll talk...

I'll be travelling to Connecticut for a few months, so that may be a good idea. Do you have any pictures of work you've done??

Check my Gallery. Most all of my recent work is in there. I'll have a few more as the Fall goes by. Just started the prep on an HPI Lotus Elise 2000.

Originally posted by RAMTech-RC
I know the feeling. I got my first ticket about 35 miutes after getting my liscense. Then, about 15 more over the next 10 years. Lost my liscense twice already. One time it was for doing 140 mph on the New Jersey Parkway. They weren't thrilled when they finally did the road block at the toll booths.

LOL nice man have fun?

That looks sweet RamTech.That would be sweet if you had a siren..Are you going to put cop stuff on it to make it look like a Cop car..or are you just going to make it a Ghost car and put it all white..

I made this particular one for a customer who has his own body. I had to put it on an old body to check lengths of wire and whatnot before he bought them. Since it came out so good, I will probably make a few more and keep one for myself. Then, I'll probably make them fit on an Avalanche body I have.

Quote:
Originally posted by RAMTech-RC

damn that sounds fun,that got your licence away right lol

The worst one was down near Trenton. I was doing about 120 mph on rt 295, when I was a helicopter up ahead. They were doing a speeding check by using the white lines in the road. I went by so fast, they didn't have the seconds on the chart. It took the little 2 seater helicopter about 2 minutes to catch up with me. By then, they had 2 cruisers blocking the highway for me. Lost it for 6 months on that one. The only way the lady judge let me have it back was by showing her the bill of sale for my Firebird that I had to sell.

Funny thing is, I had a college roomate who went on to be a Jersey State Trooper.

those lights are nice.i like it alot but i dont like cops well most.lol.

All of us cops arent that bad, we have a job to do. Unfortunately for the world most of us dont want to do it anymore. I have 9 years of service in and I am currently looking for a job. Its a shame to grow up wanting to be a police officer, do it and 9 years later hate it and i have come to not really like people. I am not this way but the job has done it to me. in 1996 when I started applying there were hundreds of people wanting the job and it was hard to get hired, now we are lucky to get 40 people to show up and take the test. Nobody wants the job anymore........kind of scary if you think about it. Anyway the feeling is mutual, I dont like people. Now that I have vented (i hope I didnt offend anyone I might get a complaint, someone is always complaining about us) I like your light bar. I would like to do a police truck and I need some lights. If you are interested in selling a set please let me know, send me some pictures too please. Thanks, The damn police. [email protected]

Scott Harrell said:
All of us cops arent that bad, we have a job to do. Unfortunately for the world most of us dont want to do it anymore. I have 9 years of service in and I am currently looking for a job. Its a shame to grow up wanting to be a police officer, do it and 9 years later hate it and i have come to not really like people. I am not this way but the job has done it to me. in 1996 when I started applying there were hundreds of people wanting the job and it was hard to get hired, now we are lucky to get 40 people to show up and take the test. Nobody wants the job anymore........kind of scary if you think about it. Anyway the feeling is mutual, I dont like people. Now that I have vented (i hope I didnt offend anyone I might get a complaint, someone is always complaining about us) I like your light bar. I would like to do a police truck and I need some lights. If you are interested in selling a set please let me know, send me some pictures too please. Thanks, The damn police. [email protected]

LOL... You play and get caught, your gonna have to pay... That's all..
You wanna go fast, go to the track...

Great light kit Ram... can't wait to see em on a custom lid...

Back