Please help! acceleration problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penukoko13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello,

I'm very new to nitro cars. I recently picked up a used T maxx 3.3 What is happening is it will idle just fine for a bit, and will run alright, but only a few minutes into running it the car will suddenly start accelerating (runs away) without me giving it any throttle with the receiver! I suspected the batteries were dying, but I put brand new batteries in this thing today. Any other ideas??

Last time this happened it ran into a curb and broke the whole front right assembly. I just finished repairing the car and now it is doing it again on its first run, so I shut it off. I'm stumped.

Sounds like maybe an air leak thats minor but gets worse as things heat up and expand.

Just in case it's a radio problem, you should install a fail-safe. Running at any time without one, is responsible for LOTS of destroyed RCs.
You might want to have someone work the radio controls while walking farther away as you look at the servos. Don't have the engine running. If the car doesn't do what the radio asks, you need to figure that out. Beyond that, it could be a sticking carb or linkage, or rattling metal to metal causing interference.