Piston sticks in sleeve

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade88

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
When I leave my truck overnight after a days run the engine is hard to turn the next day! I use ARO when I am finished playing, and set the piston at the bottom of the sleeve. It normally goes free if I leave the glow plug igniter on and heat the head up with a hair dryer! But I have to tap the flywheel with a small hammer and screw driver to get it to turn without breaking the pull start!
Is this normal? The overnight temp gets to about 5c where I store my truck. Daytime is about 17c in winter at the moment!(Southern Hemisphere) South Africa. Ah yes it is a standard HPI 21BB

You might be getting ARO in there but how much are you putting in? Too much can gum up. Also, are you making sure the tank runs completely out of fuel before you store it. Left-over fuel can do the same thing (gum up).

Is the engine brand-new? If so, you might want to add a little ARO or fuel directly into the cylinder area just before starting it up. Slowly work it in. And if it is brand-new, try unscrewing the glow-plug about 1/4 turn before starting. Then, tighten it back down once running.

Yes it is a new engine, my truck is pretty new. I normaly spray alot of ARO in to the carb and 'rinse' the engine out before storing

ARO = After Run Oil right?

Dont go bonkers with it, just a couple of drops and hit the pull start once and all should be good.

Is this a good thing that it sticks? Does it mean my engine is still strong? I only have about 9 tanks through it!

Back