pillow balls loose

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lx2008

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey fellows,
kind of a newb building/replacing suspension parts. got a problem with my brushless e-maxx.
this past weekend after a few runs i was tightening my wheels and i noticed the R/F wheel was wobbling.

seems the carrier is wobbling around the balls. the L/F is tight as a drum but the right one wobbles.
1st, what is or has caused this and 2nd...what do i need to repair it? balls hardly ever wear out so its seems
it would be in the carrier. keep in mind the is an E-maxx. i know traxxas parts can sometimes be different than other
manufacturer parts.

**edit...forgot to add that the upper & lower rubber boots were torn. didnt notice til i started moving the parts.

thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Disassemble and look at the parts. That should give you an answer straight away. I am not familiar with the E-Maxx, but that is the first thing I do when I see a problem.

Traxxas has really good exploded views on their site which will aid in diagnosing and assembly.

k, i had a team asso. nitro truck some time ago and replace their plastic carrier with alum. didnt seem to hard
if i remember correctly. if memory serves seems they were different than the traxxas carriers.

anyhow, i`ll take apart & give trx customer service a call with what i may need.
thnx!

thank you! was just looking at exploded view of parts & thats what i came up with.
just can't figure out why one side would go bad and not the other. do you think maybe the
torn boots may have let dirt/dust get in and worn the ball housing prematurely?

That could be. If you smacked that side or if it cart wheeled and just happened to land harder on that side, maybe even it had an air pocket in the material or something of that nature, aint no tellin. I you bought the truck used, maybe some were replaced?

If you run in a very dusty place, it is possible. I seen and heard dirt doing some heavy damage to plastic and even metal.

RPM is no more . the carrier should be replaced as said above...

RPM is no more . the carrier should be replaced as said above...
Not sure I follow. Rpm seems to be in business and has t/emaxx parts too so I'm at a loss.

it did cartwheel hard the other day but it could have been like this before that. never noticed til i tightened up the wheel.
Chubaka... thanks for the links. if you dont mind, could you look up the bearings i might need just in case.
might as well replace since i`ll have apart anyhow. would really appreciate it. just want to make sure i get the right
bearings. thanks again all !!

awesome! didnt know they made all-in-one`s LOL.

i get it. what is the difference between the part# 5334 & 5334R
the R says "use with larger 6x13mm bearings. if i go that route and not buy the assembly,
how do i know i dont need the 5334R?

5334 is on the emaxx. 5334r is for the revo based trucks..... summit, revo, and slayer. Those trucks have the blue rubber parts like the emaxx brushless.

I would call traxxas and confirm, but the emaxx brushless should be 5334r.

If you have a set of caliper, you can measure it also.

yes sir. thnx. already called them. they said the same also...5334R is what i need.

Back