PI'll cord slipping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom14

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I've got a xtm engine and the pull cord has started slipping but when you turn the flywheel clockwise and it catches and it starts, pls help lol

Your one-way bearing needs to be removed and cleaned with denatured alcohol. It happens periodically as engine oil builds up in the crank case. Just make note of how it comes out so you can put it back in the same direction. After all, it only turns ONE WAY.

Your one-way bearing needs to be removed and cleaned with denatured alcohol. It happens periodically as engine oil builds up in the crank case. Just make note of how it comes out so you can put it back in the same direction. After all, it only turns ONE WAY.
Thanks for your reply, I seen on you tube to soak it in wd40 so that's where it is at the min lol. I'm also having trouble with it running properly, it keeps stalling mid throttle, I've tried adjusting hsn and lsn and it keeps stalling. Could it be cause I'm using 16 % fuel on a 24.7 engine?

Dry out the OWB and clean it with alcohol. While your at it clean the pullstart as well. Basically what Rolex said.

With OWB's, internal or external, I take a piece of good paper towel (not one that falls apart when wet), twist it to make it a tight twisted piece that will fit inside the OWB. Then I soak the towel with DA and feed it into the bearing. Then I spin the bearing by hand in both directions for a while on the towel to work out any built up oil/gunk in the bearing.

Then a drop or two of after run oil and reinstall.

Usually though, once they start slipping, it's a downhill spiral until you replace it and the starter shaft with new ones. Don't put a new bearing on an old starter shaft as both the bearing and shaft tend to wear. It's a good idea to replace both at the same time if that's what you end up doing.

It seems we ALL forgot to mention that you also need to clean the shaft with alcohol before replacing the bearing, otherwise it might still slip after you put it all back together.