Picco Throttle setup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezza

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey, I'm working on the slowest project ever, recreating my old Picco powered Revo Platinum and I can't for the life of me remember what I used for throttle setup. can anybody point me in right direction? got the ofna mount and Picco .26 max. Thanks in advance

hey, I'm working on the slowest project ever, recreating my old Picco powered Revo Platinum and I can't for the life of me remember what I used for throttle setup. can anybody point me in right direction? got the ofna mount and Picco .26 max. Thanks in advance

Sorry ,I can't help ,I don't run Traxxas ,they do have funky linkages though!
Hang tight ,maybe someone did a B-block conversion or something!.....:cool:

Maybe that will help with the images thats pretty much how I have mine set up with the little L bracket so when the throttle opens it pivots and pulls the slide out and opens the carb. I don't remember the part numbers I bought a kit for mine years ago and it was an aftermarket company that probably isn't around anymore.

Wasn't the picco mount included and had a place to mount the pivot like the stock mount? The carriage was a bit wider to fit the engine in there and if I recall, it was also fixed, so you couldn't adjust the mesh. It would only work with stock gearing, or you had to increase the bell/decrease the spur to change it.

I had to get creative with my new era style mount/linkage:
2010-1114-RevoThrottleLinkage.jpg

That was the first install. But the wire would bend.

Then I did this:
2013-0517-Racer1966-RevoBBMount-THSPipe-CustomHeaderSide02.jpg

I couldn't find any wire stiff enough to not bend if I had a TRS on it. So I doubled it up, wrapped it in copper wire, covered it in flux, the soldered it.

The new era mount came with a little block that screwed into where the stock TRS went and the wire would go through it as a guide:
2012-0827-RevoThrottleLink-NewEraGuide.jpg

But it left very little wiggle room for movement to actuate the throttle, so if the wire bent at all, I couldn't get WOT. If I ran it too straight, it would hit the flywheel or the new era roll bar. I've had it like that for 5+ years.

I had to get creative with my 21TM install in my other revo as well:
2015-1019-RevoOS21TM_002.jpg

The integy roll bar/engine protector was in the way. It's been working fine like that for 3 years.

Back