picco Revo gearing question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So while shopping I'm gonna new CB and clutch system and replace the spur also. So I'm looking for a real good gear setup for my revo with the picco engine? And also i was looking at this clutch setup wondering if its a real good part. I'm actually looking for pretty stiff springes,which i would assume make ur clutch engagement alot higher?Sorry to ramble but just excited to get my order set up and run it hard in the revo at the track!! Thanks guys for any help http://www.ebay.com/itm/290870802644

Have you looked at the buku? It's adjustable without removing the anything. I run one on my Revo.

I'm having issues with my buku clutch. One of the pads fell off the brass shoe after 2 tanks through it.

I'm running 17/36 now seems to have good top speed and great off the line
Clutch wise m2c is hard to beat I'm running the 2nd stiffest springs and find it give the engine a wee bit longer to spool up

The m2c is the best, period. As for the gear ratios, I assume you DO NOT use the ofna motor mount? I use an 18/36 ratio and it works well, but 17/36 is also very popular.

I'm using the losi 4 shoe 1/8 clutch and its great in my .28 lrp, can't remember what gearing i am running tho, its either 16\36,38 or 40 would have to go down stairs, unlock the mancave and have a look, but atm I'm too tired to do that.

mine wheel spins all over the shop and wants to wheelie on concrete and dirt in 2nd so yeh. can't beat the big block power. i think ill go a .32 next time :p break some stuff

Thanks a ton guys m2c it is and probably a 18 and 17 to try them both!

I'm using the losi 4 shoe 1/8 clutch and its great in my .28 lrp, can't remember what gearing i am running tho, its either 16\36,38 or 40 would have to go down stairs, unlock the mancave and have a look, but atm I'm too tired to do that.

mine wheel spins all over the shop and wants to wheelie on concrete and dirt in 2nd so yeh. can't beat the big block power. i think ill go a .32 next time :p break some stuff

What does any of this have to do with selecting a gear ratio for the picco .26?

agreeing with 16/36, pretty sure i stuck in 16/38 tho which isnt much different.

either way a .26 or .28 both have similar power and should go like stink on that gearing. i find mine shifts into 2nd pretty dam quick so its a hell of a lot of wheel spin on loose stuff.

Back