Picco red dot or max .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianb

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What are the differences between the two? Which one would be a better motor. They are not but $10 more than the standard .26 max. How are these picco's compared to the trx 3.3? Think I am fixing to upgrade. Thanks ahead of time.
Brian

The Picco .26 is almost double the power of the 3.3. The JL is a bit more of a refined engine than the standard .26 Picco Max (bit more power & RPM). Both are great engines...for only $10 I would go for the Red Dot for sure. They are a great upgrade and have never had problems with mine at all. Love the engine. If we are talking Tower Hobbies prices then the $189 version is the same as the $199 version except the $199 has a pullstart.

Thanks bud.
What should be done to the truck prior to putting the picco in, such as transmission. Truck has only had 3/4 gal. ran thru it. It is a 4908.
Brian

Well I went with the .26 picco max. Should I go ahead and get the three shoe clutch from integy, or will the stock one hold.

Brian

The stock one will not hold at all. Also you will break shafts form time to time.

don't use the integy clutch, get something thats better quality, like MIP or something of that nature. I just put a red dot picco in my revo and it was an upgrade from the maxx, i have yet to know how much better the red dot runs but when i do finally take it out for its maiden run, i'll be sure to post a review

Picco 26 Max is a great upgrade, however you will now be putting a lot more stress on the rest of the drivetrain. Make sure the slipper clutch is in good shape, replace the friction pads if they show a lot of wear. Differentials and axles will see a lot more torque and should also be rebuilt/replaced if they have seen a lot of use.

I'm running the 26 Max in an original T Maxx 2.5 upgraded to 2.5 R specs along with a_lot_of alloy parts where it counts to keep the drivetrain together under full throttle use, it's proven to be very reliable though a bit expensive...

Attachments

• P1010013.jpg
    P1010013.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 62