Picco max 26 overheating

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidac49

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
can't figure out why my picco is overheating. is it to lean? am i supposed to be richening the hsn?

Do you have a small trail of smoke coming out? Is it getting plenty of fresh air? What are the temps? Richen it up a bit and see if they drop.

Did you seal it before installing it?

there is a very faint tail of smoke comming out idling. should there always be smoke and how thick should it be?

I'm running it without the body on and the air filter is clean.

at one point i saw the temp at 240f.

i can't richen it anymore or it doesn't start or it bogs under accelration.

No i do not believe it is sealed but i havent looked. i will have a look in just a bit

240 is fine, that's not over heating.

There's white smoke comming from the top of the engine I'm assuming the glow plug. What else could it be?

Why do you think its over heating? If its running fine and your temperature is In The 200's range and you have a small trail of smoke you have nothing to worry about. Are you just being paranoid?

Your probably running the LSN too lean. Fattin up the LSN and you will probably need to lean the hsn a little.

Your probably running the LSN too lean. Fattin up the LSN and you will probably need to lean the hsn a little.

My man! You know your trucks thats it. Wasn't aware how far lsn loosened. Thanks SMaxxin.