picco hsn what not to do

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnotsure

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What not to do wile putting a new HSN

1. Don’t use an Allen wrench to hold the fuel nozzle in place, it could go through the holes in the valve a cause the valve to break in half wile you try to tighten it.

2.don’t do #1

3.don’t do #1 or 2
:nono:

Dude, don't tell me you broke one of these rules....

I don't know where I got this set of pliers, but they're old looking and they're super cool. The jaws stay parallel when you open/close them. That's what I use on the HSN housing. And fingers work good enough to align the fuel nipple.

Maybe I just read that wrong, but I'm just not seeing what you're describing.

I think he put a small small small allen inside the fuel nipple to hold it in place.

If so, then rule #2 should be, only fuel or air should occupy the void in the fuel nipple at any given time.

I’ll explain do you know where the fuel tubing goes into the HSN. Well I had this bright idea that I would stick an Allen in there to hold it where I wanted it instead of my fingers. The Allen went through the fuel inlet hole and through the valve assembly and when I was tighten it, well one was not going to move the other. Something had to give and it was the valve assembly. Stupid things people do.:idea:

Man, that sux. Chalk another one up to Murphy. Do ya have another HSN assy and fuel nipple you can "borrow". Maybe, if the rule of everything evening out is true, the threads are standard ond you can do a quick fix like I was gonna do on my picco carb (using the HSN assy from the 21BB carb).

I ordered one from nitro house this morning. He said, do you want the assembly only or the whole thing. I said send the whole thing I’m filling destructive. I love nitro house it is a life saver there is no place to buy parts for a picco around here.

Back