picco bp-01 problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j0olz

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i just got finished breaking in my picco bp-01 on my kanai....it was properly broken in using trinity break in blend. i am however having problems tuning it correctly. can anyone give me the approximate race setting from their picco that i can work off of. i know they can be diffferent, but i'm just looking for something to work off of.

You said you used break in fuel did you change fuels???

after i used the whole quart i changed over to o donnel 30%nitro...is that a bad thing?

Iv seen it done by many people in the past. All you need to do is retune the carb, set it back to the factory break in settings and start tuning again.

still need then needle setting from someone who has the engine....help./.....:spam :llama:

Originally posted by j0olz
still need then needle setting from someone who has the engine....help./.....:spam :llama:

The only person that can give you the needle settings would be some one that lives on your block. I dont live on your block and dont plan to move so its time to learn to tune an engine. Any one that gives you there needle settings will live in another town at a different alt and run in different fuel then you, so there settings wont work for you. So its time to start tuning:)

When you switch fuels you need to re break in your engine to have it run correctly. Some good starting settings that will get your engine roughly running is to set the high end and low end needles flush. This will get you startyed, but many things affect your needle setting and you will need to fine tune it.

Back