Picco .28 pull start drama!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fullpowa138

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi there since the engine break in, I can't complete 2 tanks without the pull start been broken twice!! Is there a chance that some engine back plate work for a roto start? I'm getting tired and it's only the beginning with this awesome engine! Thanks in advance!

Pre heat it really well befor you get ready to start it also the roto start is a cheaper way to go spending 20-30 dollers at a time replacing the pull starts get spendy

Yup preheat the engine, and you shouldn't need to pull the cord hard enough to break it.

Yeah this engine when not fully broken in is a tight sucker. As the other guys said heat is the way to go. Or go roto start. Hope you have success with the heat. After it's broken in it shouldn't be a beast to start. ( shouldn't )

Thanks guys I'm getting myself a heat gun
tomorrow! Hope it gets easier when fully break in!

It gets alot easier also every time you.shut it down for the day put after run oil in it it really helps alot it makes a big difference

It gets alot easier also every time you.shut it down for the day put after run oil in it it really helps alot it makes a big difference

Excellent point. Didn't even think to mention that. Make sure you store with piston at bdc. Probably already knew that but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Yep just gotta make sure its not in the pinch zone

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Losen the plug a bit til it starts running then tighten. Also prevents hydrolock

Excellent tips guy specially for a newbie !! Thanks you all!

Glad to hear we can help. Everyone needs help in one form or another. I've been a nitro guy for a long time. Recently bought wife and kid electric so I'm learning still. There are never any stupid questions. Only way to expand your knowledge is to ask. Hope it's starting easier. Good luck bud

The after-run oil is key IMO. I've noticed on my well broken in trx 2.5 that even if I put the piston at bdc, and run all the fuel out of the motor, if I don't use after run oil (I use wd-40) that it is a real chore to get started, sometimes it takes 5 minutes or more, and I can't move my puny arm after it's finally running. When I use the after run oil, I can get it running in just 2-3 pulls.

Granted, my engine is much older, but I just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

And if you don't use after run oil your motor won't last very long. Internals will rust/gunk up fast. As nitro attracts moisture. That's why it's very important to use. Unless u need a excuse to buy a new motor lol

I noticed thet when I dont use after run oil in my picco 26 its really hard to start it I usually break a pull start if I dont

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

These pull starts are junk on the piccos. Best thing to do is disassemble it a replace the string that is slightly thicker like the string on the O.S .18 CV-R or use a roto starter.

Back