Picco .26 Maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxmedic

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Who is running the Picco .26 in their maxx. What engine is better. The .26 maxx smallblock or the .26 maxx jl red dot.. What are the differences in these two engines if any. Is the .26 better then the Stock 3.3?

Both are way better than the 3.3. The red dot has a modded crank and they altered the port timing to rev a little higher and make more top-end power. In a T-Maxx you may be better off with just the .26 max engine,but I don't have one to give you first hand info.

I run the .26 max in my maxx and it has a tad over a gallon thru it so far. When she gets up to temp its a beast! Already shredded a set of steel center shafts and currently have a dogbone in rear. No dought i have to keep the wheelie bar on it or it does backflips at the blip of the throttle. Currently running a 54 tooth spur and 22 tooth bell and it still doesn't want to keep the front end down. It is plenty powerful enough for the maxx and plan on upgrading the drive shafts.

Also the resonator i have on it holds too much back preasure. I need to get a bb pipe and header for it to breath better. I've read in many places that the .26 runs better with a bb pipe. Too much back preasure causes the fuel to leak out from around the slide and boot on carb. Its not an air leak so it doesn't effect the tune in any way but makes a mess around carb. Drilling the stinger out on the small block pipe helped a good bit.

I'm running a picco max JL red dot that has been MODDEd. It a great engine but I can't get my carbs to stop leaking, even with RTV sealant. It is a good strong engine though/ crappy carb aside