Picco 26 max

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miket

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi all, help all!! Having blown the 2.5r motor in my Revo I had the chance of a used piccob26 max which I have read about as a great upgrade. Having managing to obtain a picco engine mount I stripped the motor and all looked very good. Compression felt a lot better than my trx 2.5 and I couldn't wait to see what it can do. Problem is I have had a mare trying to tune it. Even starting it was a long job, the picco seems to go against the main theory of nitro tuning, but I have managed to get it started but it won't tick over more than 10 seconds before it cuts. Those 10 seconds is an awful tickover. Then suddenly I discovered a way to get it to tick over. Remove the pipe from the exhaust, (muffler). Yes fuel flows to the carb without this pipe connected, and the motor runs. As soon as I connect the pipe it cuts out. I'm a bit of a novice on the nitro game and I was just getting to grips with tuning with my schumacher riot and SSK, but my beloved Revo has got me beat with this one. Now I am fairly sure if I spend a week working on this I just might come up with an answer, but I am sure one of you veterans can point me in the right direction and saves lot of time. Thanks in anticipation. Mike

are u using the stock small block pipe

---------- Post added at 1:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:39 PM ----------

if so thats your problem. The picco .26 has a small block footprint but big block combustion so you really need to use a big block pipe with the motor to see its full potential. And a small block pipe is known to cause tuning issues and also causing the front bearing to leak

Also get yourself a couple of mccoy mc59 hot plugs. It will make starting and breakin a ton easier.

might i add that if you want to run a bb pipe you will need one of racer 1966's adaptors

There you go see. Saved me hours of trial and error. Thanks guys.

Back