picco .26 max breakin?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blckrevo33

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
any suggestions on breakin? i have only had traxxas products and have never had any problems with motors using their breakin method. my question is do i break it in the same way i have on all of my 3.3's or do i do it different? if i shouldnt use the traxxas method, then what method do you guys recomend? thanks.

Use the heat-cycle break in method listed in the engines section.

any suggestions on breakin? i have only had traxxas products and have never had any problems with motors using their breakin method. my question is do i break it in the same way i have on all of my 3.3's or do i do it different? if i shouldnt use the traxxas method, then what method do you guys recomend? thanks.

i used the traxxas method on my original 3.3 engine ...and the heat cycle method on my spare one ...well now, my original one became my spare and my spare became my main engine ...i saw a big diff in performance using the heat cycle method ...and its alot more simple than the traxxas way .... maybe my first engine was just a bad one ..dont know ...but i know my second one performs much better ;)

i used the traxxas method on my original 3.3 engine ...and the heat cycle method on my spare one ...well now, my original one became my spare and my spare became my main engine ...i saw a big diff in performance using the heat cycle method ...and its alot more simple than the traxxas way .... maybe my first engine was just a bad one ..dont know ...but i know my second one performs much better ;)

Thanks for the info, i am gonna use the heat cycle. I had to call ofna yesterday to order a head shim so i can run the 30% fuel and he said to idle it through the first tank and then drive nice and easy with out shifting to second for the next ten to twelve tanks and then start letting it shift into 2nd. and then he said to baby it for the first gallon. so i will have my shim and all that tomorrow so i will be starting the break-in on saturday.:)

Back