Picco .26 51223 or 51225

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlownIncome

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am convinced that I should get a picco .26, however, I am confused as to which is better. The 51223 seems like it is ez start ready and perfect for the revo. On the other hand everyone seems to be using the 51225 so what should I do here? which is better??

I don't know what the numbers mean, I assume one is the max and the other is the red-dot. The red-dot has a different crank, and is black in color. It supposedly makes 10% more power, which is plausible. Ez start will fit either one, the backplates are exactly the same. Let your roll of toilet paper decide for you. I have the blue max 26, because I found it new in box for $150 delivered.

BTW, I wipe with $100's LOL

I don't know what the numbers mean, I assume one is the max and the other is the red-dot. The red-dot has a different crank, and is black in color. It supposedly makes 10% more power, which is plausible. Ez start will fit either one, the backplates are exactly the same. Let your roll of toilet paper decide for you. I have the blue max 26, because I found it new in box for $150 delivered.

BTW, I wipe with $100's LOL

That's exactly what I was looking for, I just needed to know the difference. I'm just now trying to get my first revo up and runnin like a champ so if there is anything tranny or drivetrain related that I need to know that will help accomodate the picco .26 I would greatly appreciate any pointers.. I'm thinking about the robinson racing forward only kit etc etc but I guess I'll let the toilet paper roll decide. I think I'm going to get the red dot, but I would like to know if you think I could fit an ofna 053 on the picco but still keep the ez start, I'm afraid that the manifold for the 053 will **** block my ez start any ideas? I really do not want a pull start again, i've been that route:\

I love pull starts, and I know people use the 053 pipe, just not sure about the ez start thing. Jshleer would know, search him out. He's not usually on here much lately.

you'll love the red dot, i have had both the max and the red dot on my revo an the red dot makes gobs more power than the max

nope, the ez start wont fit with the 053 pipe. You can use the Hot Bodies Jump start (its a roto start system) - get the one for the TRX 2.5.

edit:
one more thing, some people turn the header around and run the pipe down the center of the chassis to get the ez start to fit. I don't know how it pans out but i've seen it done.

Last edited:
Back