PC Gamers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good price, regular all around the USA is still pretty much $200

I'm waitin for the AGP 6800's to come down in price - yes, I'm running AGP, lol.

Otherwise, that's a great deal there.

I'm running a 6800gs and love it. I can play Battlefield 2142 with no problems . Now the new 8800gtx looks sexy .

robriguez said:
I was looking at getting this one:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2568900&Tab=2&NoMapp=0

GDDR2 512MB instead of GDDR3 256MB but otherwise same specs

The amount of ram on Video Cards doesn't really matter when you are going for a budget card, and even on higher end cards large amounts of video ram still isn't being fully utilized. However, the GDDR3 would provide a small improvement in performance compared to GDDR2.

That card is quite decent to be fully honest... compaired to it's similar nvidia cousins.

I bought most of my stuff for my latest CPU off of zipzoomfly.com they have some good prices IMO. usually better than tigerdirect and newegg. I tell you i love slickdeals.net. If you don't have a time limit on buying stuff they always telling you about nice deals.

Monkey Wrench said:
:shrug: Well, this thread absolutely reminded me of what a retard I am!
Well, that goes without saying! :D but how does THIS thread remind you of that?

robriguez said:
Well, that goes without saying! :D but how does THIS thread remind you of that?

Because I can't flippin' understand a single thing you guys are saying!

I am running a 7900GT and I play Call of Duty with the screen resolution @ 1680 X 1050 with antialiasing @ 8X and anisotropic filtering @ 16X.With image settings @ high quality.And it runs smooth as silk with no lag...
So the 7900GS should be a great card for the money..
Mark