Patriotic Cruise!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxheadroom

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well a week after the fact I thought I would share my story about the third Patriotic Cruise. After 9-11-01 there was nothing going on in my town to let people know we are Americans, and we will not be scared into our homes by an attack, so I put together a Patriotic Cruise. The first year we had over 200 cars and trucks show up (29 of which were semi trucks) we cruise a couple miles and had a memorial service which included raising $1,000 for Red Cross. The next year was every bit as big, and much the same. This year the cruise was a couple miles longer and the local government yanked my parade permit, which really was a bummer. I had 3 monster trucks that were coming with the intent to cruise, without a parade permit I didn't think that was going to happen. So cruise night comes (By the way the cruise happens at 9PM, and all three cruises have had every semi truck on the horn the whole time) only 2 of the three monster trucks show, so now I am really bummed. Then I find out the bigger monster truck (it stands 15ft at the bed, that is the Bi Mart Advantage Ride Truck) is street legal, and there is a flat bed trailer it can town their race truck with! WOO HOO we are in business. So I take off riding in the back of a lowered 77 Chevy short bed with a 6x10 flag in the back right behind us... 2 monster trucks. We cruise the main streets of our town going no faster than 10MPH (usually more like 5) all the way downtown, causing several resturaunts and bars to empty on the way there. That cruise was so much fun! I took some pictures but the pictures did not come out becuase it was just to dark. Anyway I just wanted to share with everybody. I can't wait to do it again next year!!!

Back