Outrageous computer problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I use a Microsoft ergonomic keyboard ALL the time, and I can't be without it.
If I have to work in the office and do a lot of writing I bring the wireless one with me. I also use that one to write on the laptop.
Well, I'm without both of them today. My wired KB wouldn't type the letter o or even the 0 (zero) when I got on the forum earlier. Also the f and the comma wouldn't type.
After installing the program for the identical MS keyboard, but the wireless version, I still had the same problem, but with different letters.
I'm currently using my Saitek Cyborg gaming KB, but it hurts my wrists and REALLY slows me down using a straight board but everything works.
I went out to buy an ergonomic KB from Logitech, but the entire country shut down after 6 PM. Only Walmart was open because Chinese products don't celebrate our independence day. They only had crappy boards, anyway.

So, what the hell is going on with this? I've never run into anything like it.

Try to remove the keyboard from the system in the Device Manager. Unplug the keyboard and plug it back in. The system should then re-install the correct driver and solve the problem if it is a software or driver problem.

I'm currently using my Saitek Cyborg gaming KB, but it hurts my wrists and REALLY slows me down using a straight board but everything works.
You of all people should have extremely strong wrists.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well, bought another one. Everything is fine.
Earlier I removed all but the Saitek KB from the device manager and rebooted. Nothing changed. It reinstalled the software, but nothing I did last night worked, either.
I'm guessing one contact came loose or got slightly corroded and probably carries part of the signal for several keys. There's no other logical explanation.

Must have been the Green Guys making you spew on your keyboard.

Try using some "Zero Residue" contact cleaner. I used the stuff all the time when I had to clean electronics and electric contacts back in my Radio Shack days.

i was thinking it could be all the wax residue left on your hands from waxing your cars falling down in the keyboard....try some compressed air :D

Back