Our new speed measuring gadget has brought us down, Lol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flaps

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So we got our gadget to measure speed, tried it after some fun time in the park, see pics below of the two speed test participants.

Well I felt like my Traxxas Raptor was going 30, it was really only going 23MPG, so slow

And my sons Bandit VXL with 2S Battery which he thought was going 48 or so, really was going 38mph or so.

If I do the included gear change and use 2S batteries anyone think I can get the 30 ?

20230421_145453.jpg

with a gear switch you should be able to hit desired speeds of 30/50 just wont be able to run for a long time down an back and let sit and cool

So we got our gadget to measure speed, tried it after some fun time in the park, see pics below of the two speed test participants.

Well I felt like my Traxxas Raptor was going 30, it was really only going 23MPG, so slow

And my sons Bandit VXL with 2S Battery which he thought was going 48 or so, really was going 38mph or so.

If I do the included gear change and use 2S batteries anyone think I can get the 30 ?

View attachment 164069

It always looks faster than it is, really gives you a new appreciation for the guys doing 100+ mph. I remember the first time I thought I was doing about 50 and learned I was doing 30. It does deflate you a bit.

Good speeds to start with. Grass is a demanding surface for building speed. Chances are, in present config, you'd pick up a bit more speed on asphalt or dirt. That said, grass is a good medium to begin speed runs on. It helps stabilize the chassis giving a driver a feel for running at speed before transition to a firmer surface. Albeit at a compromise of speed.

Anaconda's might be slipping a bit on the grass with the Bandit. Raptor tires, though, should be finding purchase on grass. Nice open running area, by the way. Good choice of a spot.

Once bit by the speed bug it's tough to shake. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'

Looks like a fun place to run. Is the hills behind the trees public property? Awesome place to run crawlers.

It always looks faster than it is, really gives you a new appreciation for the guys doing 100+ mph. I remember the first time I thought I was doing about 50 and learned I was doing 30. It does deflate you a bit.
Lol. I thought my SCT was doing 60mph but in reality it was only doing 43.6 mph

Looks like a fun place to run. Is the hills behind the trees public property? Awesome place to run crawlers.
The park is hug, skatepark too, mountains with areas you can drive. We got lucky in where we live for RC, huge soccer area around .5 miles with various dirt / rock areas too. Wetlands around .25 miles as an area nobody goes to with Smooth Concrete, Rubber Padded Areas for kids and a beautiful smooth paved area that goes and goes and goes, made for kid, but no one seems to know it is there. And this Grass area and's it park is around 8 miles away.
Good speeds to start with. Grass is a demanding surface for building speed. Chances are, in present config, you'd pick up a bit more speed on asphalt or dirt. That said, grass is a good medium to begin speed runs on. It helps stabilize the chassis giving a driver a feel for running at speed before transition to a firmer surface. Albeit at a compromise of speed.

Anaconda's might be slipping a bit on the grass with the Bandit. Raptor tires, though, should be finding purchase on grass. Nice open running area, by the way. Good choice of a spot.

Once bit by the speed bug it's tough to shake. Good luck. Cheers. 'AC'
That is the park we go to for fun up and down that hill and all around that short grass area, but the speed test we did on the road in front of our house. My Traxxas Raptor I need to speed up for sure, his Bandit, still pretty darn fast. Hope with my Raptor the speed gear they include and the 2S
power will get me to 30 at least.

More RC Tested, so we tried my sons Losi Tenacity DB Pro, Speed testing gadget showed 46.5 MPH and my Arrma Granite showed 43.7 MPH very close to what we thought they would do. So I do guess that my Traxxas Raptor is my slowest RC ever, anyone know if I will gain 6 mpg with speed gear they included and 2S Lipo ?

So we tested the Traxxas Raptor again with 2S Lipo and no gain, in fact slower at 22.8mph, this truck is way to slow for what it cost.

So we tested the Traxxas Raptor again with 2S Lipo and no gain, in fact slower at 22.8mph, this truck is way to slow for what it cost.
Yea. Traxxas lies about their products. They lie about speeds, parts strength and scale. They say that the Maxx is 1/10 but in reality it is 1/8.

Back