os21tm good running temperature

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeyizle

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a os21tm in my revo 3.3 and am learning the fine tuning process.
I can tune it to run and go fine but i would like to know a good average temp when running like a min/max is got told to turn it off after 100 degrees Celsius.

250 f is fine...some engines like 280f

250F - 280F - ouch . . . . all due respect, but I suggest that is bad advice.

You're engine wont last long at those temps . . . (it's going to wear out - lose compression)

If you need to run those temps to get decent performance out of your engine, there is either a mechanical issue with your car or motor, or a problem with the accuracy of your temp metering device.

I tune my race engines by ear and feel - leaning from rich until I get clear RPMs, no run-on after a wot run, and my plugs look good . . . that changes from engine to engine, whether I am indoor or outdoor, and the ambient air temp.

Normally, when I have my 'race tune' in the engine I'm running around 95-110c (205-230f) . . . if my temps were 250f+ I would be concerned about my plug, and would be putting more fuel into the engine.

One might think that their engine sounds great zinging away at wot on a lean tune, but in reality, you are harming the engine and hindering the performance.

Air doesn't make power - fuel makes power.

all due respect, but........................
Air doesn't make power - fuel makes power.

Neither one alone makes power,it's the proper mixture of the 2 that makes the power.

Temperatures are a debatable subject IMO. From my experience,it varies according to how the engine is broke in from the start. I generally try to stay in the 250-270 range. IMO,at lower temps you're leaving a lot of untapped power on the table.

200-240 degrees is what I like to stay around. Most will handle 250 but much over that you're pushing your luck in my opinion.

Back