Os swap to from a hpi 4.6 to the big block os equivalent

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paully303e

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the direct os swap for the hpi savage 4.6 is I kno the equivalent is a 5.0 but my supplier can't find it anywhere anymore

Does anyone know what the direct os swap for the hpi savage 4.6 is I kno the equivalent is a 5.0 but my supplier can't find it anywhere anymore

I dont think OS messes with anything bigger than a 21 engine for land use anymore ,if there is one ,
people would already have it in a heart beat!..🤔:hehe:

I have a load of running hpi k4.6 engines but iam not sure if it would be a fair swap would it? Iam not sure .
John Mcmullan if u want to chat on Facebook bro add me .picture of me in red sweat top

I dont think OS messes with anything bigger than a 21 engine for land use anymore ,if there is one ,
people would already have it in a heart beat!..🤔:hehe:
They used to but it was equivalent to a 5.0 but they don't make em anymore

They used to but it was equivalent to a 5.0 but they don't make em anymore
Just to inform if you may not know, the 4.6 that is displacement in cubic centimeters, also 0.28 which is how I refer to the size, in cubic inches. The O.S. .30vg is what your talking about , but it has been discontinued for many years. May I suggest the LRP .30 and .32 , great engines.
A quick guide
CC to CI
2.5 = .15
2.67= .16
3.0 = .18
3.3 = .20
3.5 = .21
4/4.1 = .25/.26 (roughly)
4.6 = .28
5.0 = .30 (roughly)
5.2 = .32

Last edited:
I have a .30VG in my savage. Brutal tough little engine. I have run that guy in Sub-zero (-10 to -20) I wish I had picked up a rebuild kit before I took my long hiatus from RC. piston/sleeves are non-existent now. it still runs great and i will run it till it smokes and replace it with my Novarossi P7 or my Picco P3 ( both virtually new)