OS still the main stay??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mtx1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone i been out of hobby grade rc for a few years , nitro for over 3. Is the 0s .18 still the top dog for a nice drop in for a 1/10 that has a .15-.18? I am 90% sold on the sc10gt and it has a .18 in it. Funny thing my last nitro was a monster truck from Associated that had the same motor. It ran a tad hot i would see close to 290 but never seen a glow plug fail . It would flame out , keep in mind i would run a few tanks in a row with out cooling down. i would run for like a hour straight and beat on the truck like hell . So i know the stock motor well i just was not sure if 0s is still a nice upgrade now a days. I seen a video on youtube of someone who upgraded to a 0s.18 for the sc10gt it would wheelie with all the low end power...

os.18 will be fine. 290 degree is wayyyyyy to high though.

os.18 will be fine. 290 degree is wayyyyyy to high though.

yeah i tend to think the duratrax temp was not reading right. I have never liked anything they made.

My duratrax Flash point has been the best temp gauge I have ever owned.

I have heard good things that is why i got it years ago. I guess some motors do like to run on the hot side. Funny thing i had a lot of smoke still and it ran fine. Only issue is when i was tight on time and i had to run back to back to back to back tanks and i would do some speed runs. It was a 2 speed monster truck with a .18 so i was really pushing it hard. I am looking to upgrade to a Os as i had one many years ago it was a .12 that was great.