OS engine nitro

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparerib

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for a reputable repairer in Melbourne to get my nitro running again please. All I can remember is its an OS engine in a kyosho body (FW5).

I upgraded the engine to the OS.

I'm located in the western suburbs, happy to travel but not 100+km.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've attached a couple of images.

Cheers!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 49
Set it to factory needle settings, put in a new glow plug, make sure it's getting fuel. Start from there, and save yourself some money.

Thanks for your reply, I'm about 99% sure there is more to it than that. Seems like the engine may have seized hence the reason I'm after a repairer.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply, I'm about 99% sure there is more to it than that. Seems like the engine may have seized hence the reason I'm after a repairer.

Cheers

Have you tried soaking the engine in nitro yet?

By pulling the engine apart and cleaning? if that's what you mean then no I haven't, I'm not confident enough.

Welcome to RCT. You may not need to take it apart. I had several engines seized up after being stored for several years. I freed them all up with WD40. Take out the glow plug and put some WD40 in the cylinder. Let it sit for a while and slowly start turning the flywheel. You might have to repeat a few times but the engine should free up. Also remove the air filter and put some directly into the carburetor as well. Stick with it. You’ll figure it out 👍🏻

Welcome to RCT. You may not need to take it apart. I had several engines seized up after being stored for several years. I freed them all up with WD40. Take out the glow plug and put some WD40 in the cylinder. Let it sit for a while and slowly start turning the flywheel. You might have to repeat a few times but the engine should free up. Also remove the air filter and put some directly into the carburetor as well. Stick with it. You’ll figure it out 👍🏻
Ok, ill give that a shot. Thanks mate, appreciate your time.

Yup, like watertrucker said, you don't have to take it apart to free it up. WD-40 can work, or nitro fuel. I had a Traxxas engine that sat for a decade that was completely seized, and I just put fuel in the cylinder and carb, and kept working it until it was free.