os 21tm problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

layne5t

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK so I think I screwed up for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to touch the mid speed needle on my os engine and now I can't get a good tune to save my life let alone keep the thing running long enough to diagnose what's going on factory settings just made it worse any words of advise on how to get the beast rolling again

I have a os carb on a .28 force motor and i get the motor idling then tune the hsn. and then the lsn. and i played around with the mid speed a little and got w.e change for the better i could out of it but I'm not sure exactly how the mid should be tuned. I'm intrested to see what someone has to say on how to tune it

The manual for the 11k Carb says half a turn in from flush I'm starting to lean twords bad top fuel any suggestions for a 30% nitro and glow plug combo??

I've got two close by a hobby town and debs rc world

What do they carry for 30 percent and generally when running 30% your gonna wanna run a hotter plug os and mcCoy are some of the better plugs. I've had good luck with hpi plugs also

Top fuel, o Donnell and some green heli stuff I forget the name of

Id run o Donnell over top fuel any day. Top fuel has to much oil in it imo. If I'm not mistaken i think O'donnell has like 8 or 10% oil.

I prefer odonnells speed blend 20% myself. It has a 8% oil mixture and runs great in my picco and my force.28. Every thing I've tried top fuel in gave me a fit on tuning and less performance. Sidewinder is also pretty good fuel.

If your just bashing stick with the 20% you'll get longer engine life with it. I've never personally ran odonnells but i ran a half gallon of sidewider thru my t maxx when i first bought it bc thats what came with it i never had any problems out of it seemed to be pretty good fuel. but i run strickly torco 20% now and i dont have any problems out of it.

I knew you should've left that needle alone.
Don't believe all the hype about nitro content, you can run 30% all you want and the engine will last just as long. The trick is in the tuning, the tuning "window" is smaller so you have to be a little more alert for tuning changes. I run Byron's fuel, and it's great, but that's all I can get locally. I think 11 or 12% oil content is a good compromise for the average tuner.

I knew you should've left that needle alone.
Don't believe all the hype about nitro content, you can run 30% all you want and the engine will last just as long. The trick is in the tuning, the tuning "window" is smaller so you have to be a little more alert for tuning changes. I run Byron's fuel, and it's great, but that's all I can get locally. I think 11 or 12% oil content is a good compromise for the average tuner.

I was just always told 30% would make the engine last less time. guess with the wrong shimming this would be true but with proper shimming the motor would last just as long but shimming is the important thing......correct

Shimming can be important, but most engines come from the factory with enough shim to run 30%.