OS .18TM fuel and header/pipe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyfats420

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i never got the chance to break in my OS .18TM yet and all i have is Traxxas Top Fuel 20%, before i got useing this i just wanted to see what you guys think of the top fuel for this engine. or should i switch to a different fuel.

also i have the OS header and Resonator pipe right now but i also have the Trinity pipe/ header set. the problem is that on the trinity header, the small header gasket is to small, and the larger header and gasket is to big, so theres always and air leak from the gasket on the header.

has anyone ever had this problem with the OS .18TM and the trinity header and gasket not fitting. or could there be a way to find a new gasket that would work with the header?

let me know what you think

I switched from Top Fuel 20% to O'Donnel's 20% and I'll never use TF again. You know I'm new to nitro engines, but it seems like the engine runs/tunes/idles better and has more power. After all the negative talk about TF on here by people I consider experts I figured there had to be something to it............. and I think there is. I think break-in would have been loads easier too. I'm not saying O'Donnels is the best, but I think there are plenty of others that are better than TF.

i personally do not like the Top fuel or any fuel that contains 18% oil. It is way too much oil for these engines.
I use the Byron's Race 25% Blend in my O.S.
I ran Trinity MHP 30% in my 3.3, it was a screamer too.

I have that same engine with the trinity pipe and use a header coupler, make sure that you have several on hand, they have a tensity to break at the header, thining due to the heat

you havent have a problem with air leaks using the header. i seem to think the small one is to small and the big one to big. and theres always some air leak at the point.

must just be my header coupler. ill check out some other ones