Original TMaxx engine replacement

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcravenufo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I acquired an original TMaxx with original engine and the engine will not start. I will assume it needs a new engine. What would be a decent engine to put in this thing? I don't race so it doesn't need to be high performance. Would be great if it had a pull start. I would prefer not to do any conversions but will do it if the engine is worth it.

I would highly suggest the OS CVRX .18. It will drop right in and has a ton of power. Tower sells them for a little over a hundred bucks.

Hey, I just noticed you joined in 2003, where the hell ya been? lol.

I would highly suggest the OS CVRX .18. It will drop right in and has a ton of power. Tower sells them for a little over a hundred bucks.

Hey, I just noticed you joined in 2003, where the hell ya been? lol.

haha...yeah, it has been a while.

Looks like a good engine. I will give it a few days and probably pick one up.

By original do you mean the .15 because if its the 2.5 try a new bearing or tear you ezstart of it only has 3 screws to get it off the motor and then 4 to get the motor off the chasis. I had a similair problem the ez start motor would spin and the bearing would grab every once in a while. So I cleaned the bearing and it was ful of oil and now it won't slip any more.

You ain't driven hard enough if you ain't breaking stuff:second_place:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, original .15. It doesn't have the EZ-start on it but a pull start.
The OS CVRX .18 that was suggested does come with a pull start.

Yes you can get it with a pull starter. The OS 18 CV-R(X) is what you have to have. I just put that same engine in my maxx and it's a beast of power. Was very easy to tune and break in and always fires right up. The only thing is you might want to change you gearing a little unless you like it on the lid all the time, because it has no problem throwing the front right in the air.