Original Lightning Hopups

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpk136

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, are there any hopups for the lightning RR. Either made for it, or made for another buggy that fits this. Thanks guys.

David

I have a lightning also and I love it because the parts are cheap!!!!!this is what I have done to mine. Top P5 Novarossi .21 Pro Front and rear shock towers, Pro hardened shock shafts, fron anr rear chasis braces, Crime fighter tires on velocity Wheels,1100 battery, JR XS3 Radio... I love it if you have any more questions please give me a shout. also i am in the process of an airtronics 357(throttle) and a 358 (steering)

well, i do love the lightning...i don't know about price of parts, cuz i haven't broken anything yet!. i have had it since the beginning of the summer and haven't broken a single piece. it's a great buggy. Would the lightning 2 stuff work on here? i am going to upgrade the some of the pieces, and then i'm going to do the servos. i love it, it's my first buggy.

your hop ups will include the eletronics and the engine:)

Yes, all the Lightning Pro, and 2 parts are interchangable.

Id like to see some pics of the Lightning1 if anyone has some.. I've got a lightning2 and a lightning2pro But i dont really know much about the lightning1..

so, are any of the Kyosho parts interchangable with the lightning?

I once heard that some parts from a Kyosho inferno were interchangeabe with the lightnings, But dont quote me on that it was just somthing i heard maybe you could look into it a bit further.
Cheers Andy

Some of the guys around here used to run the old Lightning buggies. The front end of the Kyosho pretty much bolts right onto the Lightning. The rear is a different animal though. There isn't much reason to run Kyosho parts though. From what I have seen they are about par for durability and such.

If you want to hopup your buggy in general, look for the things that break or bend. If your front shock tower gets bent to hell, look for the Pro front shock tower (never seen one of those bent). Just do it that way, find the weakest link and replace it.

Oh, I do remember guys having troubles finding parts. You may have to check out ebay or something.

normal_DSCN0333.JPG
Lightning1 said:
Id like to see some pics of the Lightning1 if anyone has some.. I've got a lightning2 and a lightning2pro But i dont really know much about the lightning1..

Cool anymore... Maybe without the shell :smoke:

well... i have 1 without the shell but my pics r too large and i can't download any software to edit the pics (my dad said). My brothers buggy is packed away cuz we r moving to Portland, Oregon....

I guess i could upload it through wildhobbies but that would take too long and it wouldnt be worth it.

bigfreak said:
If you want to hopup your buggy in general, look for the things that break or bend. If your front shock tower gets bent to hell, look for the Pro front shock tower (never seen one of those bent). Just do it that way, find the weakest link and replace it.

Just remember that when you tuffen up a weak link it only moves the weak spot to the next part, which sometimes is a expensive part, or a pain in the a$$ to replace part like the diff case.

Buggyracer28 said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Look at that sexy buggy!!!!! I'm about to take my bros off his hands, Its awesome the only hopup I'm doing to it is putting a WASP.28 in that beast. Its a great and durable buggy to me. Hes seling it to me for only 100$ too only has one gallon through it thats the way to go i think Great buggy.

fisherman said:
Hes seling it to me for only 100$ too

Wow!!!!!!!
Didn't you say he wanted $200, or $250 before.
That is a great deal. Your brother must be felling generous. Better buy it before he changes his mind. Have fun with you new buggy.

don't tell me there aren't typical shops to adress to buy a lightning pro or for spare parts, or what ???? and no tuning parts at all for the pro model ??
where do those factory drivers in asia get theirs ???

Last edited:
From the Factory.

The Lightning Pro 2 is pretty bad a$$ minus the phillips bolts.

I still wait for adresses of typical on-line shop to order ??

yeah but then i told him what you all said on here and cut the price down to 50 then i said that was to little and now its 100$ i am kinda iffy in buying it but i know its a great deal so I'm going to take advantage of it while it lasts. I'm going to have lots of fun with it too.

Hypedonrc said:
Wow!!!!!!!
Didn't you say he wanted $200, or $250 before.
That is a great deal. Your brother must be felling generous. Better buy it before he changes his mind. Have fun with you new buggy.

i love it and just sold my max

I bet you'll be a buggy guy for life now. MT's are fun to bash around, but if you ask my a buggy is where it's at. I'm not rulling out on-roads yet though. I really haven't had much time to run mine. Hope to run it on a track next season. Good luck with your buggy!