Opinions Wanted Deadbolt II or TRX4 Sport?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldblue

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I thought I had my mind made up BUT - then I saw the TRX4 Sport- it's like 40 bucks more But it has things the Deadbolt needs (i.e. metak links etc.) BUT I really like Axial products- I have an old AX10. And I really like the Deadbolt body- So those are my choices- any opinions please?

Have you looked at the new SCX-10 III?

I have a TRX4 and just bought a capra. I use both in competition. if you want scale the TRX has 2 speed ,locking diffs and portal axles. If you want to rock crawl a capra has portal axles, dig function and is more capable on rocks than SCX.

I already have a "buggy" (old AX10) and the "sport" looks good (looks can be deceiving?) The Axiel III I believe is gonna be more than I could justify, I'm not much of a competition guy these days- Thanks for the replies-

8337.jpeg

This is the cross RC dually that I built. If you're looking for scale and realism this is definitely one way to go

Wow that is impressive- nice scale and apparently very capable- Thanks

I thought I had my mind made up BUT - then I saw the TRX4 Sport- it's like 40 bucks more But it has things the Deadbolt needs (i.e. metak links etc.) BUT I really like Axial products- I have an old AX10. And I really like the Deadbolt body- So those are my choices- any opinions please?
I would definitely go with the trx4 sport I just got it and love it! I bet either would be great though!

After all my research- I think the SPORT kit is gonna be the one for me. I really liked the Deadbolt because it reminded me of my 1967 IH Scout- But that TRX4 just seems to be the better one- I guess I'll see- Thanks for the response

I just saw that- it's come down in price- it was over 300 bucks there for a while- can you imagine that?

I would go with the TRX4 Sport kit that's the current route I'm taking hope all goes well

Sick crawler man! I was going to purchase the scx24 deadbolt, but now I turned my attention to the scx24 chevy pickup body. I like it a little more.

I have a trx4 sport. It’s my 1st crawler . So I can’t compare to others. So far I really like it. Climbs stuff that I didn’t think was possible. it completely stock. I’ve got lots of hours on it. So far so good !

Back